Tobacco smuggling costs tax payers 2billion a year!

50g pack of Bacca from shops = £14

50g pack of Bacca from bloke i buy from £7

Less than half price of Legitimate suppliers ,so its the equivalent of buy one get one free .

Knock off cigs and bacca is so easy to get hold of no one needs to buy from official suppliers anymore.

---------- Post added 12-10-2013 at 19:12 ----------

Not me............... you dont pay tax on knock off .

You do,except the tax you pay goes to a foreign exchequer,making you quite the Europhile.And to think you vote Ukip!

Because cigarettes in the shop are becoming more and more expensive?

Do I win a prize?

Agreed. I have always said that nothing should be deliberately rationed by price.

Whether it is alcohol or tobacco,it is fundamentally wrong because it removes freedom of choice for someone on a low income whilst leaving that freedom of choice for the higher earner. That's not saying I agree with binge drinking and smoking, just that other ways should be used to get them to cut down.

If they halved the price of tobacco, then us taxpayers would only lose 1 billion pounds a year, Everyone would be a winner! :D:D

Not people who have to endure smokers-if someone like you without training in economics can think of this wheeze do you not think a focus group is capable of similar views?

Archived