Do you remember Sheffield Cablevision?

If you remember Sheffield Cablevision from the early 1970s, please get in touch. On the 17th October, The One Show is in Sheffield and we want to interview someone that remembers watching this local TV channel. You may have fond memories or you may not - it doesn't matter.

Please send me a direct message that includes your email address and phone number. I've received PMs before but haven't been able to respond so please include contact details!

Emma Gardner

BBC's The One Show

yep I don`t even think it lasted 2 years .

In the 60's I remember my parents having a little brown box underneath the TV with British Relay printed on it had a knob with three positions, but only two of them worked, BBC and ITV. The picture seems to improve from the communal ariel we were previously using.

In the 60's I remember my parents having a little brown box underneath the TV with British Relay printed on it had a knob with three positions, but only two of them worked, BBC and ITV. The picture seems to improve from the communal ariel we were previously using.

lolololol love it eeeeeeee those were the days lolol

lolololol love it eeeeeeee those were the days lolol

We were the first people around us that had a colour TV, purely I suppose because my mother was a manager at Wigfalls. The colour was turned up abnormally high and so unrealistic it was practically unwatchable. I remember some of the neighbours coming round to watch in awe, the Black and White Minstrel Show in colour. Happy Days!

I think they did, my parents at one time rented a TV off them, thats how we ended up with the little box attached to the TV.

I thought so I wa just thinkin of the old tv shops ,Granada.redifusion wiggys im trying to remember them all rented and I remember the boxes they put on the box where you put money in to watch ....My friend had one and they emptied every month and paid the rental off and what was left over they got back Oh and radio rentals lolol

---------- Post added 10-10-2013 at 14:38 ----------

If you remember Sheffield Cablevision from the early 1970s, please get in touch. On the 17th October, The One Show is in Sheffield and we want to interview someone that remembers watching this local TV channel. You may have fond memories or you may not - it doesn't matter.

Please send me a direct message that includes your email address and phone number. I've received PMs before but haven't been able to respond so please include contact details!

Emma Gardner

BBC's The One Show

Fond memories it was total rubbish lolololol

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Sheffield Cablevision

Sheffield cablevision197-01.jpg

Launched

29 August 1973

Closed

2 January 1976

Owned by

British Relay Wireless

Sheffield Cablevision was a cable television community channel in Sheffield, England which launched on 29 August 1973.[1] The channel was one of five community cable television experiments that were authorised by the UK's Minister for Posts and Telecommunications in 1972.[2] It closed on 2 January 1976 due to lack of funds

Archived