Monkey Rack on Stubbin Lane

leso1

That's interesting, what does it mean? As I understand it girls and boys used to promenade up and down Stubbin Lane eyeing each other up with a view to securing a date. Is that your understanding of it? My uncle used to do it, he's 80 now.

That's interesting, what does it mean? As I understand it girls and boys used to promenade up and down Stubbin Lane eyeing each other up with a view to securing a date. Is that your understanding of it? My uncle used to do it, he's 80 now.

That's correct. Before my time but my mum and dad were familiar with it.

I was born on stubbin lane 1936 and i have never heard of this

the land from Rolleston Road back of Doctor Black house down to the corner of Willington Road and Stubbin Lane was always known as Devills Elbow

Brilliant for sledging as long as you missed the old air shelter were the flats are now, and you managed to stop before crossing Stubbin in to Ribble Way many a tram drive had some near misses with that one as specialy when we were useing old air shelters as sledges 46 47 winter

Archived