Need help with a electric shower!

Hello I was just in my bathroom this morning didn't even turn on the shower and it randomly came on! never happened before so I went over to turn it off and it wouldn't turn off so I had to turn the stopcock and turn off the power going to it on the fuse board. now I have stopped it has this happened with anyone else why has it happened?

it's a Galaxy aqua2000..

Thanks.

My electric shower is supplied by mains pressurised water and it started to drip, turned out a seal/valve was failing which the very helpful guy at Triton suggested as a possible cause.

I thought as well that electric showers usually had a switch to turn the power off to them when not being used, in my house it's a large switch like a cooker switch located outside the bathroom although I've seen several where it is a pull cord within the bathroom.

My electric shower is supplied by mains pressurised water and it started to drip, turned out a seal/valve was failing which the very helpful guy at Triton suggested as a possible cause.

I thought as well that electric showers usually had a switch to turn the power off to them when not being used, in my house it's a large switch like a cooker switch located outside the bathroom although I've seen several where it is a pull cord within the bathroom.

There should be a double pole switch-your description was excellent.

Yes all of your answers are helpful and right there is a large switch in the air-ing cupboard BUT no way is it 'just leaking' it is fully on.

I hate anything like this I remember my old shower it was a triton I think and same thing happened it just turned onBUT you could switch it off again normally via the dial as per. It is a pain it could have been worse could have happened whilst I was at work good job I were in the bathroom as the head was facing the floor :( Thanks for your replies I appreciate it a lot. I have a plumber hopefully coming tomorrow I think m going to get a new shower..

Archived