Red Cross Food Campaign in Struggling UK

Avoiding responding to facts then, and just carrying on posting nonsense?

And you just keep adding more... who's mentioned the rich now?

Read that report that Andy posted, you might learn something other that what you read in the Daily Mail.

---------- Post added 13-10-2013 at 22:05 ----------

You mean that you prefer means testing, or do you know another way?

I said earlier that some kind of redistribution of the funds would be preferable, but other than means testing, I can't think of any other way.

Tory suggested people being able to turn it down rather than it be paid out directly, but the lefties didn't like that idea.

Predictions again ricgem? Hmmm riots? I remember those predictions.

I'll show you a good prediction: next year, you will still be writing a load of balls in here :hihi::hihi:

Well means testing is one way yes I'm not sure how else you could tell who needs extra help and who doesn't, or maybe just raise the fuel allowance in line with the price hikes so they stay 'level' in some way, tbh I wouldn't really know where to start but something obviously needs to be done imo

Yeah, my post. Implying me.

Perhaps you didn't see what you read. Black / white logic, by the use of the word 'or'. And the second thing hasn't been written either (not that I've seen, but more importantly, certainly not by me).

No, you replied to my post as it happens.

like you have been doing this past year :hihi::hihi::hihi:

oh you do make me laugh :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Well means testing is one way yes I'm not sure how else you could tell who needs extra help and who doesn't, or maybe just raise the fuel allowance in line with the price hikes so they stay 'level' in some way, tbh I wouldn't really know where to start but something obviously needs to be done imo

That's the crux of this or any suggestions with most kinds of benefit distribution. Means testing DOES seem to be the best way, until you start to look further into it.

Pension Credit is the obvious example for this analogy - means tested, and currently available to 4 million old people, yet not claimed by over 1 million. The reasons for not claiming I'm not sure without looking further into it. Should this be the same for the winter payment, it would probably mean the most vulnerable could miss out on it. Which pretty much would make the entire plan work against its intention.

You said that people were seeking to withdraw support. No-ones seeking to withdraw the WFA on this thread. That's your strawman.

So you believe that pensioners can't make sensible budgeting decisions but we should still give them the money anyway?

Next you'll be telling us that people who spend their benefits on booze, fags should still receive their benefits.

Not very consistent are you?

No, you replied to my post as it happens.

Which was your reply to someone who answered/questioned (to be clearer) your answer to me. The first post (79) looked like it was aimed at me. Which was why I questioned it in 83 (second bit)

---------- Post added 13-10-2013 at 22:46 ----------

im glad im good for something you on the other hand :roll::hihi::hihi:

I'm good at lots of things. Reasoned debates, rational discussion, spotting internet trolls... all sorts :hihi:

So you believe that pensioners can't make sensible budgeting decisions but we should still give them the money anyway?

Next you'll be telling us that people who spend their benefits on booze, fags should still receive their benefits.

Not very consistent are you?

Oh look - you are making another strawman.... why does that not surprise me.

I beleive that a small number of people cannot make sensible decisions. That doesn't mean that a benefit that is of immense help to many people should be withdrawn. I know that, YOU know that but you cannot help yourself in attempting to score points can you... :loopy:

Oh look - you are making another strawman.... why does that not surprise me.

I beleive that a small number of people cannot make sensible decisions. That doesn't mean that a benefit that is of immense help to many people should be withdrawn. I know that, YOU know that but you cannot help yourself in attempting to score points can you... :loopy:

We could go back on the forum and check your stance on other benefits, like child benefits and benefits for the unwaged. It's not a straw man, you have a proven right-wing hard line stance on benefits payments. Do you think it's only a small number of those recipients who can't make sensible decisions or is it the Daily Mail line about the feckless?

We could go back on the forum and check your stance on other benefits, like child benefits and benefits for the unwaged. It's not a straw man, you have a proven right-wing hard line stance on benefits payments. Do you think it's only a small number of those recipients who can't make sensible decisions or is it the Daily Mail line about the feckless?

Hehe you really are reading in what you want to rather than what is the case. Go ahead, find that "hard line" stance if you can - you'll find that for a Conservative I'm fairly left leaning on how benefits etc should be paid - and you may note on this thread I've never said the WFA and CWP should be stopped - that's another of your strawmen..... sure you are not confusing me with Peer Gynt?

Archived