Red Cross Food Campaign in Struggling UK

Many people of all ages despise means testing.

Young people are means tested much more than the old.

And many despise charity.

Suppose a young person, discriminated against due to age and mental illness, paid a dole of just £56.80 a week, then sanctioned for not looking for work, when his forbears faced no such sanction, harsh means test etc. is then left penniless and too ashamed to use a foodbank.

It happens.

I did point out in my previous post that young people on benefits get much less than pensioners. As a society we should all be concerned about young people without family support, trying to live independently on next to nothing. It wasn't so much of a problem when I was young, we were expected to remain in the family home and contribute.

Although you say we faced no such sanction, my generation faced stigma, both from society and officialdom if we claimed benefits. Single parents were often forced to give up their children if their family wouldn't help. When we were young, mums who were at home with small children couldn't get benefits, or even NI credits, leaving lots of us with reduced pensions. Please don't think we've all had it easy.

I asked how long has it been at £200 not how much the over 80s got.

1. We've asked you to justify your 9 an hour figure - which you still haven't

2. Search yourself for the WFA - I'm sure you can find the links. Sauce for the goose etc...

1. We've asked you to justify your 9 an hour figure - which you still haven't...

There are quite a few links, if you're too idle or maybe you're to afraid you'll prove my point.

What is sad is that you're happy that elderly British people are dying to the point where you're refusing to look it up yourself.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2357237.stm

There are quite a few links, if you're too idle or maybe you're to afraid you'll prove my point.

What is sad is that you're happy that elderly British people are dying to the point where you're refusing to look it up yourself.

Remember, we are not as clever as you. I myself am old and decrepit. Now out of consideration for a 77 yr old pensioner who lives too far away to get the Daily Mail, why do you insist on NOT providing links to your sources?

You're not sn artist, are you? When asked about their work, the tend to say "If you can't see what it's about, there's no point my telling you!"

I asked how long has it been at £200 not how much the over 80s got.

Fuel prices have gone up 40% since the £200 WFA was introduced so by rights WFA allowance should now be £280

It's £300 for over 80's, the people most likely to be affected terminally by inclement weather.

None of them support your claim that 9 old people died per hour because they were unable to afford to heat their homes. You simply don't have evidence to support your claim do you?

Where are these links?

That article was published 10 years ago. Do you have anything more recent?

Archived