Dressing children according to Islam.

From the Jamia Masjid And Usmania Education Centre - Sheffield web site with reference to children:

"Be extremely particular about their dressing. From a young age, get them into the habit of dressing according to the sunnah. Children should neither be made to wear clothing that resembles the west nor should they be made to wear clothing resembling that of the opposite gender (e.g. girls wearing jeans and boys wearing earrings). This impacts negatively upon the tarbiyah of our children."

Does this mean children can wear such clothing if they choose but it is not to be forced upon them?

I don't know what the sunnah or the tarbiyah are, but the meaning isn't cryptic. It says dress your children in a non-western way and make sure girls wear traditionally female clothes and boys wear traditionally male clothes.

Why are you asking?

Because I think Islam is anti-Gay and web sites such as this force gender identities on children.

Are all women that wear jeans gay? I'm just asking as it may save a lot of blokes time and effort trying to chat up Jean wearing females.

Because I think Islam is anti-Gay and web sites such as this force gender identities on children.

Two dynamics there. Islam and it's teachings on matters gay, and web sites that force gender identities on children.

Most children have gender identities imposed from birth. Blue, Pink and it continues throughout infancy. Playboy t-shirts and prams for girls and Hulk outfits and M16 toy rifle for boys.

I'm not an advocate of Islam but I think we need to look a little wider on the issue. Eradicate Islam overnight and the issue would still be as prevalent without it. Before Islam became established we used to imprison homosexuals, not to mention a good kicking as entertainment.

Its a choice.

Exactly so - its amazing how many religious people completely ignore the teachings of their own holy texts.

---------- Post added 12-10-2013 at 10:21 ----------

Most if not all religion is anti gay.

“The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God."

Archived