Sisters must receive MMR vaccine

Hi

Is our countrys human rights getting a little mixed up?

The courts are forcing two children to have an a certain health product, against the parents wishes. Some schools are forcing children to shave.

My daughter did have the MMR, but I think parents should have responsibility for their own childrens health.

Its only last week that there was reports about the Government having to pay out compensation for side effects of the flu vaccine.

It seems that we only have the right to choose which school our children go to; if girls and boys wear trousers, are clean shaven, with no false hair colour dyed hair. Teachers don't suffer the same lack of rights.

As British citizens, we have no rights, but if you have a religion then you get more rights.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24493422

.............against the parents wishes. ......

No they are NOT!

The parents of the children concerned have disagreed on what is best for their offspring.

Although divorced, both parents have rights regarding such issues and as they failed to agree the father asked The Court to make a ruling.

Refusing to vaccinate your children is tantamount to child abuse. Not only are you putting at risk the health and life of your own children but also others by lowering the herd immunity.

Do you think parents should also have the right to refuse life saving surgery or medical treatment on behalf of their children?

jb

No they are NOT!

The parents of the children concerned have disagreed on what is best for their offspring.

Although divorced, both parents have rights regarding such issues and as they failed to agree the father asked The Court to make a ruling.

The parent with the main responsibility is being told to do something against her wishes. Parenthood is not equal, in this case they live with the mother, it doesnt give details, but I assume that is the case

---------- Post added 12-10-2013 at 11:02 ----------

Refusing to vaccinate your children is tantamount to child abuse. Not only are you putting at risk the health and life of your own children but also others by lowering the herd immunity.

It is not a compulsary vaccination. Giving your children healthy food and making sure they exercise is also very important, just as important as this injection. We do not live in a stalinist state. Do we?

The parent with the main responsibility is being told to do something against her wishes. Parenthood is not equal, in this case they live with the mother, it doesnt give details, but I assume that is the case

you ASSUME?? so your making things up to make a point?, as has been said theres TWO parents, they cant agree, the father asked the court, ask fathers for justice about people taking purely the word of the mother into consideration

seems fair to me

The father of the two girls says that this change, combined with an outbreak of measles in Swansea late last year, changed his mind in January 2013 about whether his daughters should be given the MMR jab. He says he was worried these diseases could have serious consequences.

also seems fair to me, when outbreaks do come near you you do tend to start back peddling, its ok when things dont affect you.

but in this case its about the whole community, why should 2 kids not being immunised affect the whole community? possibly killing people and / or affecting them permently for the rest of their lives

The parent with the main responsibility is being told to do something against her wishes. Parenthood is not equal, in this case they live with the mother, it doesnt give details, but I assume that is the case ..............

You need to go away and learn a little more about the law regarding "Parental Responsibility".

but in this case its about the whole community, why should 2 kids not being immunised affect the whole community? possibly killing people and / or affecting them permently for the rest of their lives

If that is the case, then the vaccine should be compulsary for everyone. But how would you enforce that?

Irrelevant. This case is about the welfare of the children, not the welfare of the parents.

It is not a compulsary vaccination. Giving your children healthy food and making sure they exercise is also very important, just as important as this injection. We do not live in a stalinist state. Do we?

Maybe it should be. We have a case here where one parent thinks his children should be given a potentially life saving medical intervention and the other wants to deny them that based solely on what appears to be gross ignorance around the safety and efficacy of the vaccination. Which way should the judge have decided? What be your reaction if the decision had gone the other way and then one of the children died from measles?

jb

If that is the case, then the vaccine should be compulsary for everyone. But how would you enforce that?

it sort of is, has been for decades, its only quite recently idiots have been saying no due to very slight risks, why do you think we no longer get diseases like we used to?

Archived