Nick Griffin despised but Muhamad Ali revered!

Why would you consider it right wing to point out that a black man has demonstrated racist tendencies?

its about context, its WHY its pointed out

the thread title explains it all, as usual its the paranoia about only white people can be racist claptrap

I prefer Ali to Griffin. But the thread is about why is it okay for one person to be racist, but not another? Its nothing to do with the individual's other qualities.

I think the OP is suggesting that racism from a white person is seen as worse. And reading Halibut's post he seems to think so. I reckon the OP is being more critical of people like Halibut than Ali.

Which is a fair point.

Not one poster has said it is Ok for anyone to be racist which renders your whole point rather futile.

Not one poster has said it is Ok for anyone to be racist which renders your whole point rather futile.

But that's precisely what you have said.

So there's no difference between Ali and Griffin in relation to them both being racist?

---------- Post added 12-10-2013 at 18:14 ----------

its about context, its WHY its pointed out

the thread title explains it all, as usual its the paranoia about only white people can be racist claptrap

Just say it then...

Racism from Ali is as bad as that from Griffin?

Pretty straightforward really; Ali was a truly great sportsman who made those comments at the height of his association with the nation of Islam. He's rightly regarded as an excellent human being for many reasons.

Griffin is a man of no talent other than fermenting nastiness whose whole raison detre is racism.

I think you mean fomenting, he's not a brewer.

I most certainly haven't.

So there's no difference between Ali and Griffin in relation to them both being racist?

I think there clearly is. Griffin is obviously a much more serious, big time racist than Ali ever was.

---------- Post added 12-10-2013 at 18:14 ----------

Just say it then...

Racism from Ali is as bad as that from Griffin?

i dont need to say it, ive never said the opposite either, like i said the difference being, ali is loved cos of his sporting achievements NOT his race hate

im against all forms of racism

its just in this country through history, the vast MAJORITY (for the hard of thinking that doesnt mean all) racism is white on whatever

but to some thats what sparks their stupidity in trying to say blacks can never be racist

Archived