Nick Griffin despised but Muhamad Ali revered!

In other words - Ali's racism = minor facet of otherwise admirable character

Griffin's racism = driving force behind thoroughly loathsome character.

You can try and dress it up as much as you like, but it's glaringly obvious that you consider racist behaviour less of an issue when the perpetrator is not white..

---------- Post added 12-10-2013 at 19:11 ----------

Talk about desperate; Mel and millions around the world love Ali's sporting prowess and strength of character. His racists opinions, however briefly held are not central to who Ali was and what he stood for.

Griffin is a repellent character of whom almost nothing positive can be said.

So you forgive his racist indiscretions?

It seems in some eyes it is OK to be racist if you are black, Muslim, famous in sport, don't seek political office and keep it lower key than Nick Griffin.

What a daft thing to say. There are billions of black, white and Asians all are entitled to a personal opinion, some of which might be racist..even racists are entitled to be racist.

The problem arises when they seek to impose their views on others either through racially offensive behaviour or seeking a political platform, it doesn't matter what colour they are or whether they were the heavyweight champion of the world.

You've only been on here for a week but I'm getting the drift.

I'm assuming that is the only comment you've read on this thread.

---------- Post added 12-10-2013 at 19:37 ----------

What a daft thing to say. There are billions of black, white and Asians all are entitled to a personal opinion, some of which might be racist..even racists are entitled to be racist.

The problem arises when they seek to impose their views on others either through racially offensive behaviour or seeking a political platform, it doesn't matter what colour they are or whether they were the heavyweight champion of the world.

I said in some eyes. Perhaps you should read the posts before you get all wound up and your keyboard takes over.

I said in some eyes. Perhaps you should read the posts before you get all wound up and your keyboard takes over.

Not wound up at all, but the 'eyes' you refer to are clearly those who disagree with your point of view.

Pretty straightforward really; Ali was a truly great sportsman who made those comments at the height of his association with the nation of Islam. He's rightly regarded as an excellent human being for many reasons.

Griffin is a man of no talent other than fermenting nastiness whose whole raison detre is racism.

Wow! I have to say that with all the hype about Mohammed Ali, I thought he was a decent man, if a bit stupid for boxing his brains to pulp! It's clear from that video that he was incredibly racist. Bleuch! :gag:

I think you mean fomenting, he's not a brewer.

Given that "ferment" also means a state of excitement or agitation, I think Halibut's mistake was to use it as a verb with a subject, rather than as a noun.

It's an interesting collision between two homophones, with similar meanings, from wildly different derivations.

---------- Post added 12-10-2013 at 21:10 ----------

It's clear from this thread that so called 'impartial' posters are actually hiding prejudices themselves.

So called by whom?

What is this "impartial" nonsense? There's no such thing.

Archived