Nick Griffin despised but Muhamad Ali revered!

You have to look at Ali as a man of his time, He came into his own during that time when Southern America was in a fury over civil rights. He showed his right to be respected with his fists and incredible speed. He beat Liston, Frazier, and everybody he came up against. He almost didn't beat Cooper, and was man enough to praise Cooper, as the toughest he ever faced. He changed his name from Cassius Clay, and refused to fight in Vietnam in defiance of the Government. It was indeed racist, but he never did become hated by the white people. He had a great sense of humour, and got a lot of sympathy when he contracted Parkinson's from the brain injuries he got from fighting.

That's very inaccurate. Cooper probably wasn't in the top ten...

That's very inaccurate. Cooper probably wasn't in the top ten...
I actually heard him praise Cooper, and watched Cooper put him on the mat on TV right at the moment it happened, top ten of not. The fight was in London.

not to you and your ilk because you want the same....just the opposite :roll:

Me and my ilk? :hihi:

I'm glad that's different from you and your ilk who would normally be incredulous at somebody like Griffin saying such things, but don't mind when a black muslim says it. But you carry on exposing your own hypocrisy, don't mind me :)

Me and my ilk? :hihi:

I'm glad that's different from you and your ilk who would normally be incredulous at somebody like Griffin saying such things, but don't mind when a black muslim says it. But you carry on exposing your own hypocrisy, don't mind me :)

ive never said such things Oo

You're ploughing a desolate furrow, it's not about the colour of the person saying it, it's about the times when they said it.

Would you deride Churchill for saying similar things to what Griffin said?

You're ploughing a desolate furrow, it's not about the colour of the person saying it, it's about the times when they said it.

Would you deride Churchill for saying similar things to what Griffin said?

Why? if you consider something to be racist now, you must also consider it to be racist 5 days ago, 5 years ago, 500 years ago, 5000 years ago, its ether racist or it isn't.

Why? if you consider something to be racist now, you must also consider it to be racist 5 days ago, 5 years ago, 500 years ago, 5000 years ago, its ether racist or it isn't.

..and if you read my posts you'll see I do consider what he said racist, however the debate is about whether I view him as 'bad' a racist as Griffin..which I don't because the social backdrop to their pronouncements came at different times and Griffin as a politician is seeking to impose his will on people.

Archived