How much should a single person spend on a food a week?

We spend somewhere in the region of £400 to £500 a month, for two of us, but that does include cleaning products, sanitary stuff etc and booze.

The only frozen food we buy is ice cream, waffles, fish fingers and peas. No ready meals, lots of veg and fresh meat/fish. Most evening meals will involve red meat, fish or chicken/turkey in some way (tonight is home made venison pie, with the venison courtesy of Round Green Farm, and some veg).

How people can spend only £15 and not die is beyond me.

jb

I've been away on an all inclusive holiday so I saved a fortune on my food bill as it was all free.

I normally just price that into my calculation about how much a holiday costs :D

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 15:45 ----------

Are you for real? £15 a day to feed one person.:loopy: And by the way you need to go back to school for lessons in maths, 7 days a week @ £15 a day adds up to £105 a week not £150 as you say.

Well, no, he's clearly trolling, so clear that I'm surprised anyone bothered to reply.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 15:54 ----------

We spend somewhere in the region of £400 to £500 a month, for two of us, but that does include cleaning products, sanitary stuff etc and booze.

jb

I find that staggering to be honest. Assuming you use a normal amount of cleaning/sanitary stuff, we can probably ignore it entirely, so how much of that £200 - £250 /person is food?

I don't really budget at all for food, we spend whatever we need to when we go to the supermarket, but without checking I think it's probably in the region of £250/month between two. (No booze, and £1 bottle of shower gel isn't going to have a large effect).

And that's eating pretty well IMO.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 15:57 ----------

No,two,heads and tails.You were describing the edges.Hence the expressions two sides of the coin.

If you're going to be pedantic then it's 9. What you called 'edges' have depth as well.

But then if you were being pedantic in that way you'd use the correct word and ask for faces, not sides. And then the correct answer for edges would be 21. (An edge being the line where two faces meet).

No,two,heads and tails.You were describing the edges.Hence the expressions two sides of the coin.

For a two dimensional polygon you would be correct, but only if you ignored alternative terminologies. How many SIDES does a square have. That aside and ignoring alternate terminologies last time I looked 50p coins were three dimensional. The edges therefore have depth so are also sides.

jb

For a two dimensional polygon you would be correct, but only if you ignored alternative terminologies. How many SIDES does a square have. That aside and ignoring alternate terminologies last time I looked 50p coins were three dimensional. The edges therefore have depth so are also sides.

jb

Cheers JB,I am glad an expert has added their intellectual weight.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 15:49 ----------

I normally just price that into my calculation about how much a holiday costs :D

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 15:45 ----------

Well, no, he's clearly trolling, so clear that I'm surprised anyone bothered to reply.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 15:54 ----------

I find that staggering to be honest. Assuming you use a normal amount of cleaning/sanitary stuff, we can probably ignore it entirely, so how much of that £200 - £250 /person is food?

I don't really budget at all for food, we spend whatever we need to when we go to the supermarket, but without checking I think it's probably in the region of £250/month between two. (No booze, and £1 bottle of shower gel isn't going to have a large effect).

And that's eating pretty well IMO.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 15:57 ----------

If you're going to be pedantic then it's 9. What you called 'edges' have depth as well.

But then if you were being pedantic in that way you'd use the correct word and ask for faces, not sides. And then the correct answer for edges would be 21. (An edge being the line where two faces meet).

I was using common parlance-most people recognise that a coin has two sides;heads or tails,making two options.Have you ever seen a coin land and balance in the vertical plane?

Archived