Are we surrounded by sub space?

Last time it was huge mirrors in space. Again with the not understanding. Go read some decent books on physics etc and post on a science forum.

Is that what you did?

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 19:51 ----------

Or the universe and normal space existed before the big bang which was just an event in that universe.

Where did it's energy come from?

There was space before the big bang as its impossible to have nothing as nothing is something.... its space..

I've often thought along these lines: if you empty a glass of its content, the content is instantaneously replaced with space(atmosphere - another content in our case). Maybe the universe is similar: the vacuum of space spontaneously exists where there is no other content(nothing). Maybe nothing can't really exist, and something is the more natural state of affairs.

I'm no physicist so I'm probably wrong :blush:

Best bet is to read material by physicists like Frank Wilczek, Victor J Stenger & Lawrence M. Krauss.

Some interesting lectures by Lawrence M.Krauss here:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/HC5XfZpDPMNeM

Where did it's energy come from?

What makes you think it came from somewhere, it is very likely that it always existed, it is more likely than nothing then something, because we have no idea if nothing is even possible.

---------- Post added 17-10-2013 at 07:03 ----------

I've often thought along these lines: if you empty a glass of its content, the content is instantaneously replaced with space(atmosphere - another content in our case). Maybe the universe is similar: the vacuum of space spontaneously exists where there is no other content(nothing). Maybe nothing can't really exist, and something is the more natural state of affairs.

I'm no physicist so I'm probably wrong :blush:

Best bet is to read material by physicists like Frank Wilczek, Victor J Stenger & Lawrence M. Krauss.

Some interesting lectures by Lawrence M.Krauss here:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/HC5XfZpDPMNeM

No, I think you are probably right, human imagination can conjure up all sort of things, but can you imagine nothing, I know I can't, there is always something there. No matter how much you take out of a seal container there is always something in it because the empty space left behind is something.

• 2 months later...
Wooly post your questions here...

http://www.reddit.com/r/science/

Seriously it`s full of scientists with 4 million subscribers.

I posted it there but nobody knew the answer, nor did anyone care to. Because my question isn't in textbooks they couldn't look it up and didn't seem to have enough insight into physics to even attempt an answer. I admit my question is either ridiculous (meaning unexplained) or would be cutting edge if anyone took it seriously. But there are certain things that happen in physics which could perhaps be explained by my conjecture. It was just an idea, a bit of fun.

Agreed. Lots of incredibly clever people on this forum.

However, that said, this is clearly not the forum for this kind of post and it's pretty clear why it was posted in the first place...

What are you saying? Why was it posted on Sheffield Forum in the first place? I chose Sheffield Computer and general chat forum because I've always found the people here to be friendly and interested in more than just computers. I tried the scientist forum and none of them seemed able or willing to even discuss my post. All I can say is that if you are pleasantly impressed by them you must be easily impressed. I was a professional physicist myself and I know that the question I posted goes very deep. I just thought you might find it interesting. Sorry if I've upset you. Do you like physics?

Archived