Asylum Seekers-Tell it like it is

I think the point is that they have no choice over where they live, the properties refugees are housed in are the ones no one else wants or are managed by housing charities which look after refugees so aren't available to the general public anyway.

Amazing isn't it, there seems to be no end of puddled middle class idiots with enough spare time on their hands to actively bring in immigrants and get them housed somewhere - not near them though, oh no, somewhere else, always somewhere else, no Eritreans in their nice suburb.

How are they better off than our unemployed? The lowest rate of JSA is £56.80, which they can spend as they like. The £39.39 is the amount available on an Azure Payment Card which is only accepted in some approved shops and supermarkets.

£38.39 and no bills.

Amazing isn't it, there seems to be no end of puddled middle class idiots with enough spare time on their hands to actively bring in immigrants and get them housed somewhere - not near them though, oh no, somewhere else, always somewhere else, no Eritreans in their nice suburb.

Hahaha..that's rattled your cage Hots on! Wouldn't you like to be a 'puddled middle class idiot'? There's nothing stopping you especially given the lifetime advantages you've had having been born and brought up here.

Why don't you think they'd want 'immigrants' living near them? I used to live in one of Sheffield 's prominent leafy suburbs and there were plenty of immigrants around me..all nice doctors and dentists..they all drove new German cars, minded their P's & Q's and didn't have drunken children crawling home noisily at the weekend after a night on the lash!

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 14:45 ----------

£38.39 and no bills.

How much do you think someone on JSA spends on bills weekly?

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 14:47 ----------

But is one of the most density populated countries in Europe, with a land area which represents 0.69 of the earths land mass, and accommodates 0.91% of the worlds people. So we clearly take well over our fair share. :)

This is a moot point..I can travel around much of England and find great swathes of open land, empty properties in the inner city etc etc. Your analysis doesn't demonstrate we take more than our fair share :)

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 14:48 ----------

You're obviously not a petrolhead. Its the word uttered by "Wheeler Dealer" Mike Brewer when someone makes a low offer on one of his cars!

AHH! You're quite right, my days of revheading ended about 16 years ago when I bought a diesel Multipla..for a laugh (fab car actually!)

Hahaha..that's rattled your cage Hots on! Wouldn't you like to be a 'puddled middle class idiot'? There's nothing stopping you especially given the lifetime advantages you've had having been born and brought up here.

Why don't you think they'd want 'immigrants' living near them? I used to live in one of Sheffield 's prominent leafy suburbs and there were plenty of immigrants around me..all nice doctors and dentists..they all drove new German cars, minded their P's & Q's and didn't have drunken children crawling home noisily at the weekend after a night on the lash!

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 14:45 ----------

How much do you think someone on JSA spends on bills weekly?

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 14:47 ----------

This is a moot point..I can travel around much of England and find great swathes of open land, empty properties in the inner city etc etc. Your analysis doesn't demonstrate we take more than our fair share :)

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 14:48 ----------

AHH! You're quite right, my days of revheading ended about 16 years ago when I bought a diesel Multipla..for a laugh (fab car actually!)

As much as needs arise,

or do they get their gas electricity and water for free.

As much as needs arise,

or do they get their gas electricity and water for free.

It's an honest question retep, you were lamenting the cause of the unemployed because they're worse off than asylum seekers awaiting deportation who receive free accommodation and an Azure card to buy essentials..do you think many of our unemployed would trade places with them?

Genuine question BF.. what is our "fair share"?

I remember "Doriscarloff" aka one time Conservative MP Ann Widdecombe when been interviewed saying when the person/persons who wish to come into this Country get their feet on our sand, it's almost impossible to get them returned from where they came from.

That's probably the most honest thing she has ever said.

Angel.

Genuine question BF.. what is our "fair share"?

Well I was really paraphrasing angos's reference, truman. However I've said on previous threads all Im seeking is some perspective on this issue.

In March over one million refugees from Syria were given sanctuary by neighbouring countries, whilst 25,000 were seeking refuge in the west.

http://www.unhcr.org/5149c6f46.html

I certainly think 25,000 distressed people can be shared amongst the all industrialised nations, subject to their claims for asylum being genuine.

I can travel around much of England and find great swathes of open land, empty properties in the inner city etc etc. Your analysis doesn't demonstrate we take more than our fair share :)

So what, it doesn't alter the fact as a percentage we take more than our fair share of asylum seekers when you consider the size of our country and the size of the population already reliant on imported food.

Archived