Asylum Seekers-Tell it like it is

So should the ability to take asylum seekers in be based upon the size of the country or the country's population density? I'd suggest that that the financial ability of a country to be able to host asylum seekers would be a better barometer.

As a country we are skint and we have massive debts that we can't afford to pay, so we are a small overpopulated and skint country, thats three good reasons we shouldn't take any more, the most important one being we already take more than our fair share and send vast sums of money to other countries to support their refugees.

This is as much a trolling post as those you slate for posting typical opposing info and opinions on asylum seekers.

Ok that's fine, do you agree or disagree though and are you related to the poster 'vinyl'? :)

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 21:31 ----------

No it isn't. It's seeking to challenge many of the myths peddled by those wanting to tell lies about people who seek asylum.

Thank you Mister M, it seems the poster has difficulties understanding

There is a point though. Its a bit of a liberty to call someone a troll who starts a thread about the disadvantages of multi-cultural Britain, but then start a thread glorifying it...

It is nothing about multiculturalism,it is about exhibiting compassion to the less fortunate.You have been born a relatively secure prosperous country,but your selfishness makes you unwilling to break off a small piece of bread to help someone in greater need.

No but it was possible to get a shorter flight to closer country.
..and I guess they would if they had a reason to do so.

Of cause its an issue, there's no point people moving from countries that are not over populated to countries that are over populated.

As you yourself pointed out, there isn't necessarily a connection between the size of a country and population.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 21:35 ----------

There is a point though. Its a bit of a liberty to call someone a troll who starts a thread about the disadvantages of multi-cultural Britain, but then start a thread glorifying it...

But the point is I've never accused someone of being a troll for starting such a thread, so I've taken no such liberty and this thread isn't about multicultural Britain, or glorifying it.

As a country we are skint and we have massive debts that we can't afford to pay, so we are a small overpopulated and skint country, thats three good reasons we shouldn't take any more, the most important one being we already take more than our fair share and send vast sums of money to other countries to support their refugees.

The national debt is owed to the British citizens who bought bonds ie it is an internal debt.An overpopulated nation is incapable of providing for its citizens.We have few refugees-there are 3 million Syrians in Jordan etc.You have opinions but little grasp of the facts I am afraid.

As a country we are skint and we have massive debts that we can't afford to pay, so we are a small overpopulated and skint country

So you'd refuse to let someone in need sleep on your living room floor for the night because you had a 100% mortgage?

But the point is I've never accused someone of being a troll for starting such a thread, so I've taken no such liberty and this thread isn't about multicultural Britain, or glorifying it.

I'm sure you called someone a troll for starting the thread about Cassius Clay the other day... maybe not then?

..and I guess they would if they had a reason to do so.

The reason is surely their safety.

As you yourself pointed out, there isn't necessarily a connection between the size of a country and population.

Yes I did, some countries are small and over populated, England for example.

Some countries are large and sparsely populated, these are better able to absorb large numbers of refugees.

So you'd refuse to let someone in need sleep on your living room floor for the night because you had a 100% mortgage?

I don't think anyone is saying you can't help them, volunteer, make a financial commitment... just don't expect everyone else to be as naive..

The problem with Asylum is that 90% of them are bogus.. So they're confidence tricksters, not Asylum Seekers...

Why are most of them young men? I dunno...

The national debt is owed to the British citizens who bought bonds ie it is an internal debt.An overpopulated nation is incapable of providing for its citizens.We have few refugees-there are 3 million Syrians in Jordan etc.You have opinions but little grasp of the facts I am afraid.

I think you will find the debt is owed to people and companies from around the globe as well as other countries. Over population is about overcrowding, depletion of natural resources and environmental deterioration, it as little to do with our ability to buy food from countries with starving people.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 21:52 ----------

I've let a stray dog sleep on my living room floor before, if that counts, but I wouldn't do the same for a human that I didn't know

Archived