What do you consider to be a victimless crime?

Taking drugs in the comfort of your own home (or indeed anywhere else so long as no one else is exposed to second hand smoke etc).

Downloading films or TV shows which you have no intention of buying

Same sex relationships.

Euthanasia.

Hunting swans.

Wild camping (provided you cause no damage).

Mixing fabrics.

Lock ins.

Taking you own household waste to the dump in a van without a permit.

Sounding your horn in a stationary vehicle.

Shooting a Welsh man on a Sunday with a longbow.

jb

Fraud in the City of London is victimless, in fact selling financial products which were devised to defraud individuals is not a crime at all, so no victims there.

So stealing billions, is not a crime, if from individuals or government agency, as no one is ever prosecuted, or will be, as its not a crime to steal in this way.

Driving without insurance.

You delude yourself. You cannot guarantee that you will not cause an accident whilst driving. That is why insurance is compulsory for everyone. It only takes a moment's lapse of concentration and anyone can have one of those. If you have ever known anyone maimed or paralysed by an uninsured driver, you would know there certainly is a victim and their suffering (physical, mental and financial) can go on indefinitely.

You delude yourself. You cannot guarantee that you will not cause an accident whilst driving. That is why insurance is compulsory for everyone. It only takes a moment's lapse of concentration and anyone can have one of those. If you have ever known anyone maimed or paralysed by an uninsured driver, you would know there certainly is a victim and their suffering (physical, mental and financial) can go on indefinitely.

so you mean an uninsured crasher :)

Yet I've nearly 20 years of crash free (but insured) motoring. Did the insurance offer me a force field I have hitherto been unaware of? No it did not. My driving ability and no doubt a spot of luck somewhere along the line has produced nearly 20 years of crash free motoring. All I've done is swell the coffers of multinationals.

What you are actually saying is CRASHING without insurance creates victims, which it surely does. And if I am insured and crash into someone, will they be less paralysed or less injured and traumatised? Theyll get a better payout but it will still hurt.

Driving safetly without insurance is victimless.

Archived