No go areas for buses due to vandalism!!

There are many different types of seizures, some appear more like criminal behaviour while the person is actually unconscious.

I do agree with most people here it is criminal to throw bricks at a bus but you have to investigate before you call it intentional.

Do you know what goes on in these kids minds? How come they ended up doing this horrible thing? Why?

We can learn more from understanding these things and using that knowledge for further prevention than hanging them immediately.

I'm more confused why people choose to defend them. Analysing what caused them to do this isnt going to stop them doing this now is it. Thats water under the bridge we need to find a way to punish them and prevent them from reoffending.

I suggest we start by looking at the softly softly approach to criminals and instead make punishment harder. When I was younger and did something wrong I got smacked (I didnt do it again.).

I have been on buses around there when stones have been thrown at the bus as is passes,

why should they have to drive therew when that sort of thing happens.

why dont you get the bus and just get off higher up and walk ?

I was on a 79 and a young kid threw something at the window, too small to be a stone,so would not have shattered it.i'm guessing a tiny piece of porcelain, probably from a spark plug.

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 20:48 ----------

Is there a syndrome which prompts people to throw stones at buses?

Not stones,porcelain.

I was on the 53 tonight at around 7:35pm, there was a gang of about 10 - 15 youths stood outside the learning centre opposite Asda at Parson cross. One of them threw something at the bus and it made a loud bang, but no obviou damage. Brand new bus aswell. Scumbags

It's clearly a lack of parental control.

Most parents are both working nowadays so there's no-one at home to ensure their little darlings do not misbehave.

Do the drivers report all these incidents, or are there insufficient resources to investigate these problem?

Only reading on the Supertram topic about kids throwing stones at the workers on Spring Lane.

Let the police stop them and give 'em a clip round the ear. They won't be so quick as to do it again.

Remember when I was a kid and did something silly. Got caught by the police. Got taken home and had a good beating by Dad.

Have been a good boy since then.

Police can't clip you now. Dad can't give you a thrashing - will probably tell you off for getting caught.

Even if you are caught by the police then I'm not sure what they can do apart from giving you a caution, which won't go on your record.

Anything serious and you might get a suspended sentence - if you are unlucky.

It is possible many of these children are from minimum wage slave labour lower class families. They will have little to look forward to and their anger to society is understandable.

England has lower class people that are being beaten by a conservative government, it will build frustration and a need to unleash that frustration.

Their need to throw stones must come from somewhere. Sentencing is not going to fix those problems, they will get more angry and their ways will get more intense.

---------- Post added 17-10-2013 at 07:30 ----------

It has only been a year since the riots.

It is possible many of these children are from minimum wage slave labour lower class families. They will have little to look forward to and their anger to society is understandable.

England has lower class people that are being beaten by a conservative government, it will build frustration and a need to unleash that frustration.

Their need to throw stones must come from somewhere. Sentencing is not going to fix those problems, they will get more angry and their ways will get more intense.

Yes. Of course it's the tory government that's at fault.

It's never the parents.

As a little boy in the fifties and early 60s I and most of my friends had little money and parents had little either post World War 2 but we got up to little tricks like knocking doors and running away etc but as for smashing bus windows and robbing old folk etc that wouldn't have even have entered our minds because if we had have done that half the local Police force would have been out looking for us and when the perpetrators had been caught the results would have been an institution known as Borstal and that most who went were not keen to go back for a second dose.

I'm sorry but I just don't go along with the excuses trotted out standing up for these morons.

starting to think one of these misunderstand little darlings may belong to you :huh:

starting to think one of these misunderstand little darlings may belong to you :huh:

Not at all. And I am not in favour of this type of behaviour.

This forum does not even know who does the stone throwing and has already convicted them, without any investigation whatsoever.

That is exactly why these kids have no respect for you either. You treat them worse than animals without even checking why this is happening.

Maybe you are right, I am not claiming I am right, but I don't start kicking and punishing people without an honest investigation.

---------- Post added 17-10-2013 at 14:24 ----------

d71146

In the fifties religion was keeping things in control as well, you misbehave and get eternal hell. Very different times, lots of racism those days and exploitation of poor people but those days people still believed many of the false fake political and religious promises.

Archived