The Tipping Point Is Upon Us?

Tipping Point Reached?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Tipping Point Reached?

Hello-

No doubt there are some more.

What's you opinion?

For a minute there I thought it was going to be a thread about climate change, the tpping point whereby we cannot do anything about it.

But after David Camerons ploy with giving us a vote on AV, people are turned off. But I will not vote for DC, thats for sure.

I think we have to be very careful.

Yes, we have made mistakes, and yes things are changing, but we have to make sure the changes are positive. We might be in danger of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

First of all we need first rate politicians who represent all the people and are properly accountable. We do not need more jobs for the boys. The old empire is still alive and well in a time warp at the top of the ruling class, and it needs to realise that its time is well and truly over. It's holding us back. Cast the net wider and we might get more capable people with at least one foot in reality.

Next we need proper education and proper jobs, we also need a change in attitude - young people need to realise that they have to work hard to get anywhere, both in school and in work. We need them to be at the top of their game to compete in world markets. We are noted for being a very creative, innovative country so let's build on that and invest in people.

To hear that we are miles behind other countries in exporting to China and other BRIC countries is a fundamental mistake that there is no excuse for.

We need confidence in the future. We have a great past, forged by the hard work and inspiration of ordinary people. We need to remember that. We did it once, we can do it again. Different, but better.

But when Cameron tries to push young 'uns into education or training you get the hump and say its not worth it as they won't get jobs anyway! Ditto any thoughts of starting a business - they'll fail. You want a shift in fortunes? Try a shift in attitude. That's not aimed solely at you btw Anna. I've heard some gems on here and in the real world this week.

What is, or has caused the The Tipping point?

Being ordered around by a load of out of touch, upper class, ruling numpties (both parties) who hide behind the so called banner of 'democracy' and get rich at our expense, while we are used as nothing more than cash cows.

(Is that better?)

I don't think the OP is going down that road,rather we were being guided down the anti foreigner,anti immigrant,non patriotic route.......the one that UKIP and the Daily Mail wants us to go down.

But when Cameron tries to push young 'uns into education or training you get the hump and say its not worth it as they won't get jobs anyway! Ditto any thoughts of starting a business - they'll fail. You want a shift in fortunes? Try a shift in attitude. That's not aimed solely at you btw Anna. I've heard some gems on here and in the real world this week.

That's quite right.. there's posts on the George and Boris in China thread seeming to think that inward investment into the UK creating jobs is a bad thing...I suppose some people are only happy when the news is all doom and gloom...

It's turned from the turning point and has not tipped. But it's not the straw that broke the camel's back yet, and neither is it the last chicken in the shop.

I hope that has cleared that question up.

:)

The worm is turning.

I got the general gist, but Chris clearly wanted you to explain... For some reason you are spending more time avoiding explaining than it would actually take to just do it.

Blimey its like knitting fog.. lol

I appreciate you're both just trying to be distractingly but I'll try again..

Its when the general population puts up with things they don't really agree with, like the issues in the OP. But then they say enough is enough, we need to go in the opposite direction...

Imagine it like a pair of scales when one side slowly becomes heavier and tips when the burden becomes too great..

Cue next pointless troll...

---------- Post added 15-10-2013 at 14:45 ----------

I don't think the OP is going down that road,rather we were being guided down the anti foreigner,anti immigrant,non patriotic route.......the one that UKIP and the Daily Mail wants us to go down.

You forgot to mention right thinking folk as well..

Why does he want to get of the world, he'd die, there's no oxygen in space. It doesn't make sense. How would one do it anyway... Its all quite odd really..

---------- Post added 15-10-2013 at 15:09 ----------

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/420807/Godfrey-Bloom-Bongo-bongo-s-not-racist-it-means-antelope

Speaking on BBC Breakfast yesterday, Mr Cameron said: “I think it is an offensive remark anyway but what I think is wrong is this sort of ‘stop the world, I want to get off’ approach just doesn’t work.

Yes but Cameron's a pillock..

Archived