The Tipping Point Is Upon Us?

Tipping Point Reached?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Tipping Point Reached?

I can't provide a link... you have to subscribe and I'm not giving those any of my money...

The 10% are economic migrants mainly from Europe... we have more Poles claiming benefit than any other country in the world... think its 16,000 I read it earlier though and can't get on the Sun site to check... you get the picture though...

Interestingly, immigrants are less likely to claim benefits than British citizens.

http://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2013/03/30/the-framing-of-immigration/

Also interesting news from the Institute of Fiscal Studies http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~uctpb21/Cpapers/DustmannFrattiniHalls2010.pdf who conclude that their study of Eastern European migrants showed that -

‘A8 immigrants who arrived after EU enlargement in 2004… are 60% less likely than natives to receive state benefits or tax credits, and 58% less likely to live in social housing’. The study also discovered that ‘in each fiscal year since enlargement in 2004, A8 immigrants made a positive contribution to public finance despite the fact that the UK has been running a budget deficit over the last years’. This was because ‘they have a higher labour force participation rate, pay proportionately more in indirect taxes, and make much lower use of benefits and public services’. They paid around 30 per cent more in taxes than they cost our public services.

The A8 countries - to save you the trouble of looking it up are

Czech Republic

Estonia

Hungary

Latvia

Lithuania

Poland

Slovakia

Slovenia

I think your views owe more to prejudice and xenophobia than they do to reality.

I think you're a simple minded white nationalist without a clue.

I'm surprised you said that to me.

Why, he has you bang to rights.

Get a job, get out of the house, open the curtains and go hug an ethnic.

I don't mean in the sense that he said it. I was meaning I'm surprised he thinks I'm remotely interested or influenced by anything he has to say. :hihi:

Any numbers to support your reasoning?

Tax rate 20%... most will be on low income, so pay little... Those on benefit will be getting about £200.00 per week... then those who are working don't pay much tax but public services are expensive... Look at the massive cost of policing and cleaning up Page Hall these days after the influx of Romanies.. Financially, we're on a loser...

Thousands in the report are from Somalia, massive security threat there... more money.... Anti Terrorism cost will wipe out any profit on its own... it costs billions...

Yes that's the picture... I mentioned financial beneficial.. because if 10% are claiming benefit and 90% pay tax there won't be a lot of profit for the country when you take into account the cost on public services etc...

An immigrant working full time, but claiming child benefit, would still be classed as a benefit claiming immigrant. Would you consider them claiming that benefit as being inherently wrong, even though millions of locals do the same thing?

Any benefit paid to someone(immigrant or local) that hasn't paid into the system is being given out unfairly.

By unfairly, I meant unfair compared to locals - i.e. being granted benefits that would otherwise be withheld from a UK citizen in the same situation.

I don't mean in the sense that he said it. I was meaning I'm surprised he thinks I'm remotely interested or influenced by anything he has to say. :hihi:

Tax rate 20%... most will be on low income, so pay little... Those on benefit will be getting about £200.00 per week... then those who are working don't pay much tax but public services are expensive... Look at the massive cost of policing and cleaning up Page Hall these days after the influx of Romanies.. Financially, we're on a loser...

Thousands in the report are from Somalia, massive security threat there... more money.... Anti Terrorism cost will wipe out any profit on its own... it costs billions...

Utter nonsense based on guesswork. Try looking at some actual numbers.

Tax rate 20%... most will be on low income

That's supposition. You need to prove that.

Those on benefit will be getting about £200.00 per week...

More supposition.

How do you come to that figure?

Look at the massive cost of policing and cleaning up Page Hall these days after the influx of Romanies

Source please?

Interestingly, immigrants are less likely to claim benefits than British citizens.

http://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2013/03/30/the-framing-of-immigration/

Also interesting news from the Institute of Fiscal Studies http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~uctpb21/Cpapers/DustmannFrattiniHalls2010.pdf who conclude that their study of Eastern European migrants showed that -

‘A8 immigrants who arrived after EU enlargement in 2004… are 60% less likely than natives to receive state benefits or tax credits, and 58% less likely to live in social housing’. The study also discovered that ‘in each fiscal year since enlargement in 2004, A8 immigrants made a positive contribution to public finance despite the fact that the UK has been running a budget deficit over the last years’. This was because ‘they have a higher labour force participation rate, pay proportionately more in indirect taxes, and make much lower use of benefits and public services’. They paid around 30 per cent more in taxes than they cost our public services.

The A8 countries - to save you the trouble of looking it up are

Czech Republic

Estonia

Hungary

Latvia

Lithuania

Poland

Slovakia

Slovenia

I think your views owe more to prejudice and xenophobia than they do to reality.

I don't believe your figures. They are rigged.

I don't believe your figures. They are rigged.

You really are determined to believe what you want and steadfastly ignore the facts aren't you?

Why not just be honest and avoid all the pretence at having a discussion. You could just have a signature that says ' I hate foreigners, especially swarthy looking ones'.

Archived