Spain wants to tax solar energy

You (Spain) want to tax people who have solar panels right?

How do you know who does and who does not have them?

Ask the reatilers/distributers/installers for lists of their customers? (same way TV's are sold here) Ask power companies for addresses where bills are well below the average? Even easier if planning permission is needed in Spain for their installation?

that's a very odd way of looking at a problem.

"The government says that with increasing "self-consumption", the income for conventional energy systems will decrease, but grid maintenance will cost the same."

The above certainly won't be 100% true, but if it was, why should that shortfall -which is encouraged by every government to happen- suddenly become the responsibility of those with solar panels?

The grid is there to take power from producers to consumers, so surely its the owners problem if they can't make as much money as before.

It's like making a local greengrocer pay money to tescos because the customer mostly shops with him now.

reminiscent of the mafia for some reason.

There is no legal requirement for you to give a TV Retailer your details.

I bought a tv in-shop when i lived in Belfast back in 2005. The assistant wouldn't release the purchase until i gave my address etc: I asked why and he said that the tv license vans that detect non-payers won't go round the streets because they get burnt out....

I guess that figures. .

Archived