Murder in Rotherham

Police tazered the fella after he ran thru Tesco.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-24540532

A shopkeeper has died and another has been seriously injured in a suspected machete attack in Rotherham.

Sightings of a man brandishing a machete near a Tesco store in the Eastwood area and in the town centre were reported to police at 14:00 BST.

One man was found to have died at the scene. The injured man has been taken to hospital. A 27-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Police have not confirmed reports that the arrested man had been Tasered.

Richard Cattley tweeted: "A man has just ran past me in Rotherham town centre wielding a machete covered in blood shouting move!! Police everywhere!"

He later told the BBC: "I was walking towards the market, I heard a guy shout 'move move'.

"I turned around and saw a man running towards me. I moved out of the way and spotted that he had a 12-inch machete in his hand that he wasn't trying to conceal.

"A lady said we should call the police. She said 'there was blood on that knife'. The nearby builders said the same. I didn't see the blood.

"Police caught up with him near Tesco."

Ben Shepherd tweeted: "Lunatic running through Tesco, Rotherham brandishing a huge knife, frightened the life out of our secretary. Taken out by 10 police & taser."

So sad the shopkeeper has died :(

What a dreadful act and even more sad when it should be a time of family celebration.

Isn't it the Eastwood Estate that has been mentioned before on the forum as it as become rather a hotspot for trouble recently?

thats right , same estate , at this time dont know what this is all about . shocking !

What a dreadful act and even more sad when it should be a time of family celebration.

Isn't it the Eastwood Estate that has been mentioned before on the forum as it as become rather a hotspot for trouble recently?

Am I missing something on October 15th ?

Archived