On line shopping is it worth it!

My wife ordered some winter boots on line from a well known on line Trader!

When she recieved them they would not fit even though they are the size she always takes.

So we decided to send them back.

The Traders! firm stated it would be £2-95p to return them by there own courier but! when we contacted them we were informed it would be £4.20p.

But they were impossible to contact on line or by phone.

The post office wanted £5-90p.?

The delivery postage to us in the first place was £3-95p , we have also phoned the company three times on a premium line cost over £2.

So due to having to return the item it has cost us nearly £12 for the privilege of useing on line shopping is it worth it?

Or is it a lesson learnt.

I think it depends on what you are buying. I never buy clothes/shoes or food online as these things I like to have a look at (and try on if necessary) before buying.

Other stuff I'm happy to buy online - just keep an eye on the returns policy ! :)

I will only shop for food in the physical, everything else is online, the reason being I go in a shop and get told NO, I go online I get told YES.

If I order something online and it does not fit, I sell it on, either for the same or at a profit. It's just easier than going through the whole return for a refund, which will always leave you out of pocket.

So for me it works, and it's worth it.

We had a good deal a few weeks ago.

Went in to Halfords to buy a sat nav,assistant told us it was £20 cheaper on line.I stood in the shop used my phone to order it on line.Took the sat nav in its box to the check out showed the code which had been texted to me and got the on line price.Best of both worlds.

My wife ordered some winter boots on line from a well known on line Trader!

When she recieved them they would not fit even though they are the size she always takes.

So we decided to send them back.

The Traders! firm stated it would be £2-95p to return them by there own courier but! when we contacted them we were informed it would be £4.20p.

But they were impossible to contact on line or by phone.

The post office wanted £5-90p.?

The delivery postage to us in the first place was £3-95p , we have also phoned the company three times on a premium line cost over £2.

So due to having to return the item it has cost us nearly £12 for the privilege of useing on line shopping is it worth it?

Or is it a lesson learnt.

You are entitled to have been refunded their original delivery charge. By law.

Archived