On line shopping is it worth it!

I buy plenty online & get some good deals, but I'm cautious about clothes, different brands have different sizes. They should've been better about their returns, you shouldn't let them mess you around, distance selling regulations give you more legal protection than if you bought in a shop.

You are entitled to have been refunded their original delivery charge. By law.

But they will still have to pay to return the goods, provided that this information is provided on the website.

jb

---------- Post added 17-10-2013 at 10:21 ----------

My wife ordered some winter boots on line from a well known on line Trader!

When she recieved them they would not fit even though they are the size she always takes.

So we decided to send them back.

The Traders! firm stated it would be £2-95p to return them by there own courier but! when we contacted them we were informed it would be £4.20p.

But they were impossible to contact on line or by phone.

The post office wanted £5-90p.?

The delivery postage to us in the first place was £3-95p , we have also phoned the company three times on a premium line cost over £2.

So due to having to return the item it has cost us nearly £12 for the privilege of useing on line shopping is it worth it?

Or is it a lesson learnt.

The lesson here is to always check the returns policy before you buy. I, for one, buy clothes and shoes online regularly but always check the returns policy (some online retailers that have a high street presence will also let you return goods to a store).

jb

When she recieved them they would not fit even though they are the size she always takes.

The Traders! firm stated it would be £2-95p to return them by there own courier but! when we contacted them we were informed it would be £4.20p.

The delivery postage to us in the first place was £3-95p , we have also phoned the company three times on a premium line cost over £2.

So due to having to return the item it has cost us nearly £12 for the privilege of useing on line shopping is it worth it?

Never had a problem..

Delivery option for me is a petrol station just down the road.This saves me having to wait at home.

I saw a couple of pairs of Cat boots in a shop called Office in Glasgow town centre,so I tried them on.They looked great and very comfortable,and were priced at £100 a pair. I went home and looked on Amazon and purchased both pair for £110.Saving me £90.

I always read through the reviews,as the sizes can be a bit all over the place.

To be honest - that's the price you pay for choosing to do business with a company like that.

I buy clothes regularly online, there are two qualifiers though, firstly I can pick it up from the store or a collect+ point so I don't have to wait in for delivery, and secondly the returns are free.

In fact many of the big companies do free delivery and returns now. Seems harsh and I'm sorry to have to say this but, the place you bought from will have had a returns policy clearly outlined somewhere on the site, you should have read it.

To be honest - that's the price you pay for choosing to do business with a company like that.

I buy clothes regularly online, there are two qualifiers though, firstly I can pick it up from the store or a collect+ point so I don't have to wait in for delivery, and secondly the returns are free.

In fact many of the big companies do free delivery and returns now. Seems harsh and I'm sorry to have to say this but, the place you bought from will have had a returns policy clearly outlined somewhere on the site, you should have read it.

Cheers the next time we will cotton on to your advice.

Which Well known on line Trader! SF doesn't like naming and shaming of Sheffield based companies but national ones are not given such protection.

No you aren't. The goods weren't faulty or shipped in error, they simply didn't fit.

Why do you post without reading, checking and thinking?

Under the Distance Selling Regulations regarding Online Purchases, you are entitled to return unused, undamaged goods for any reason whatsoever, within a time limit, and be entitled to a refund of the total amount you paid, including any charge originally made to ship the goods to you.

The OP made reference to £3.95 which they are entitled to have refunded as well as the sale cost of the item.

Archived