Looking for grave

hillc4

i am looking for the grave of agnes scaife who died at the age of 49 in bamforth street in 1920 at the age of 49, she was my great grandmother and i have tried everything i can to find her grave any help would be gratefully recieved

i am looking for the grave of agnes scaife who died at the age of 49 in bamforth street in 1920 at the age of 49, she was my great grandmother and i have tried everything i can to find her grave any help would be gratefully recieved

By sheer coincidence I am looking for my grandfathers' grave.He lived at 42 bamforth st. I suggest you try the Sheffield indexes I have done today and have come up with a plot number in city rd cemetery which looks promising .he died in 1917 age 29 everything seems to check out . Good luck

Was she married to a William Henry ?

yes she was, been trying to find her grave for a long time now

---------- Post added 20-10-2013 at 18:29 ----------

By sheer coincidence I am looking for my grandfathers' grave.He lived at 42 bamforth st. I suggest you try the Sheffield indexes I have done today and have come up with a plot number in city rd cemetery which looks promising .he died in 1917 age 29 everything seems to check out . Good luck

ive tried sheffield indexes but come up with nothing at all, i can find her husband and his second wife but not her

Was she originally from Sheffield ? If not she could be buried in her hometown with her parents or other family.

Husband and wife are not always buried together.

Had she been married before ?

I have found people born in Co. Durham who moved as adults to Sheffield where they lived for several years and then moved Blackpool. They died in Blackpool where they had lived for several years but were brought back to Sheffield for burial in a grave shared with relatives.

• 2 weeks later...
Was she originally from Sheffield ? If not she could be buried in her hometown with her parents or other family.

Husband and wife are not always buried together.

Had she been married before ?

I have found people born in Co. Durham who moved as adults to Sheffield where they lived for several years and then moved Blackpool. They died in Blackpool where they had lived for several years but were brought back to Sheffield for burial in a grave shared with relatives.

she was born in sheffield, her husband was married before but ive tried everything but nothing seems to be coming up for her im really getting desperate to find her.

Agnes Scaife nee ??

Born 1871 Sheffield

Married to William Henry Scaife born Pontefract 1871

Agnes Scaife Death registered June 1920 at Ecclesall Bierlow Registration District Volume 9c page 389.

1911 Census living at 109 Carlisle Street Sheffield Age 39

1901 Census living at 95 Bland Lane Wadsley Sheffield Age 29

yes she was, been trying to find her grave for a long time now

---------- Post added 20-10-2013 at 18:29 ----------

ive tried sheffield indexes but come up with nothing at all, i can find her husband and his second wife but not her

You were given the burial details on Sheffield Indexers

Burial at Wadsley Church

Bur 14 Apr 1920

Agnes SCAIFE 77 Bamforth Street aged 49 years

(Archives ref: PR78/38 p71)

Archived