Looking for grave

hillc4

• 3 months later...
all parish records are stored at Sheffield archives next to radio Sheffield on shoreham st if you ring city rd cemetery they have all the records of where people are buried and will give you the plot number and which cemetery
thankyou will try that

I don't know why Chesterfield is the place of registration, she lived on Basegreen Crescent, I was wondering if she had died in hospital there or something similar.

I believe that Base Green/Birley/Beighton areas came under the Derbyshire district until around that time when they then became under Sheffield.

Unless you know of a family grave somewhere there's the possibility that your aunt was cremated.

I believe that Base Green/Birley/Beighton areas came under the Derbyshire district until around that time when they then became under Sheffield.

Unless you know of a family grave somewhere there's the possibility that your aunt was cremated.

The boundaries changed around 1967, or so.

My ex hubby was born nearby to basegreen, in 1966, and his address was registered as being

XXXX XXXX

Gleadless Townend

Sheffield

DERBYSHIRE

hi ring city road cemetery they keep all the records for burials, cremation in south Yorkshire give ass much info as yu can they found half a dozen graves or plot number where they are try to find out which cemetery they my be In & or the plot I had great success, through them I was able to go back to 17 98. if you have any info try the Sheffield archives at the side of radio Sheffield next to red tape studio lots of people to help you good luck x steve

Archived