How long for blood test and ecg results?

I had an ECG and a blood test on Monday; I've not heard anything from the doctors about the results yet. How long do these things normally take?

at our surgery bloods are back the next day but patients have to ring for them, we don't usually inform patients unless there is a problem with the results

ecg results should be available for the doctor to look at straight away

I would give the surgery a ring tomorrow and ask

hope they are all ok :)

I have regular blood testing every three months and ECG's. Depending what blood test you have, but mine if anything is wrong with my blood i get a call back on the same day just before the Doctors closing time. But if everything is OK and i hear nothing i get my results back at the Doctors three days after i have had the test has i ring up. sometimes it also can take a few extra days if more then one test is been done so sometimes you have to wait a bit longer for other results but for me its never been more then 5 days. Has for ECG i have always been told on the day if anything is wrong or not, i was told if everything looks normal then there is no need to be worried has they keep you in if anything is a bit suspicious.

Archived