Dentist question

State (if you can find one) or Private?

The cost is different but is the service any different.

£30 for a check-up with Private and £18 with the State.

I havn't been for years after my dentist x-rayed me at the age of 45 after several years of 'no treatment needed'. No problems since I stopped going. So is it really needed?

Thankyou for the replies :), its not needed at the moment, but my wisdom tooth is starting to cause problems, so i think it will be soon, i do have an appt in January for my next check up, but wasnt too sure whether i could still go as i have now moved.

Thankyou for the replies :), its not needed at the moment, but my wisdom tooth is starting to cause problems, so i think it will be soon, i do have an appt in January for my next check up, but wasnt too sure whether i could still go as i have now moved.

Might be a visit to Charles Clifford with the wisdom tooth, my dentist would not touch mine.

Angel.

Might be a visit to Charles Clifford with the wisdom tooth, my dentist would not touch mine.

Angel.

Hope you have better luck than I did. Needed a root canal which my NHS dentist said he couldn't do due to lack of a microscope etc. He sent a letter to Charles Clifford asking if they would sort it out. Reply three weeks later said ' it did not meet the criteria' for treatment.

Anyone know what their criteria is?

Angel.

Im hoping he will, cos last time i went is because it was giving me pain, so he said you can either have antibiotics or have it taken out, i chose the antibiotics :hihi:, so i presume this time he will take it out.

And, hello Joan :wave:

Archived