Do You Support Quilliam

Quilliam Good?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Quilliam Good?

Well any attempt to reduce extremists is a good thing. Lets hope that it works, we're going down the wrong road.

Well done Mr Friday in raising the subject all those years ago. I wasn't around then so I couldn't learn off you.

Credit to TR though, like it or not, the organisation now has a much bigger public image. There are some who hope it doesn't work, extremists from both sides, as is evident by reading some of the responses. The cowards who don't even dare show their opinions. Let them lurk in the shadows.

As the organisation does receive public money we can only hope this money is well spent. Investing tax payers money on TR (I hope he is salaried) shows the commitment of all concerned.

Goo luck Quilliam, Tommy is a great acquisition.

---------- Post added 17-10-2013 at 15:22 ----------

"None of your damn business" has always been a good reason for me. What say you?

If you're a shadow lurker that's fine. I'll always be open and honest even though it brings me hate. I'm like Tommy and Quilliam, personal sacrifice is not important.

• 3 weeks later...
Simple question. Are they doing good work? Is it the answer to expel terrorism. I suggest a visit to their site to see what they're about.

They have to be a good thing?

Could Ii request that all contributors please vote in the poll if they want to post. I've left the poll open so our votes can be seen. Its the best way to see who's serious about their thoughts and who's a troll.

http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/

I have a feeling Majid Nawaz is doing this more for the publicity, the funding, writing books ect. It seems to be a career move more than anything else and it wont work because the real reason extremism has taken hold in many Muslim countries and in Europe as well over the last 13 years is because during this time Muslim countries have been bombed and occupied by western nations. This is at the core of why the ranks of extremism have grown. When people feel under attack they will gravitate to extremes. Quilliam can do nothing to address this issue as they are not in control of American foreign policy towards the Muslim world. Until that policy is replaced by a more fare and just policy things are not going to change.

I have a feeling Majid Nawaz is doing this more for the publicity, the funding, writing books ect. It seems to be a career move more than anything else and it wont work because the real reason extremism has taken hold in many Muslim countries and in Europe as well over the last 13 years is because during this time Muslim countries have been bombed and occupied by western nations. This is at the core of why the ranks of extremism have grown. When people feel under attack they will gravitate to extremes. Quilliam can do nothing to address this issue as they are not in control of American foreign policy towards the Muslim world. Until that policy is replaced by a more fare and just policy things are not going to change.

Several aspects of that trouble me. Most importantly you say that if we are at war with others then we can expect to attract terrorist within. But aren't these people British, don't they live here, work here, exist here? So why do they see the fact that their own country is at war with an overseas nation a reason to kill their own people? The 7/7 terrorists killed their own people?

Secondly, your point that Majid Nawaz's motives are not honourable. This is the usual response when their is no argument. You can't find anything factual to dispute his actions, so you make things up to try to prove a point.

Lastly, if we withdrew from Afghanistan and had little influence on the Muslim world do you honestly think that would be it? Have you read the Koran?

Yes and if Islamists could just stop attacking and killing people, the Wests response to them might be less extreme.

Yes and if America and its allies could just stop attacking and killing people in the Muslim world the reaction might be less extreme.

Yes and if America and its allies could just stop attacking and killing people in the Muslim world the reaction might be less extreme.

Sorry, but that's nonsense.

Islamic religious extremism and even suicide bombing is not just a result of western governments killing people in 'the Muslim world'.

Just look at what happened with the Danish cartoons, or the assassination of UN diplomats because of their role in securing the independence of east Timor.

No, it simply is not a case of 'if only we weren't mean to them they'd stop attacking us'.

Archived