Tunnel in the park at Firth Park

Think we all had 'ideas' about where it ended up and what would happen to you in there, seems from most answers that the tunnel in fact got smaller in Diameter the further in you went (that is before running out screaming) of course!! Off then, to the relative safety of sliding down the 'donkey hill' on souped up cardboard! Do you think we should have an over 50's donkey hill slalom???, would the joints take it, I wonder........

The stream from the tunnel did it have a name & where did go? It went through the park valley then disappear did it ever appear again? It had a steady flow didn't seem to be just drainage!

I don't think it had a name at that point, it flows underground and joins Bagley Dyke near the junction of Owler Lane and Rushby Street. It re appears near The Reform Chapel on Upwell Street.

The drinking fountains were great as we as children rarely went home on hot summer days no wonder over weight was not a problem...I remember a fountain at the playground at Firth Park plus one at the boating lake...near the library...

The drinking fountains were great as we as children rarely went home on hot summer days no wonder over weight was not a problem...I remember a fountain at the playground at Firth Park plus one at the boating lake...near the library...

Yes, I remember those water fountains, but we woz posh and sometimes we took our own empty Tizer bottle full of water and some bread, I think we called it a picnic! We stayed out all day during the 6 weeks holidays and only went home for tea and bed.