The recession spoils a good night out!

DerbyTup

It's becoming increasingly noticeable that places that used to be good, aren't quite so good, and it's in no small way related to the economic recession.

I am getting rather tired of it, I must admit.

So I go to a restaurant that used to serve decent sized portions of good food and find they have cut back on the portions, or don't do the additional little things that made it really special. They cut back to save costs rather than keep standards high and charge a bit more.

I spent over £60 per head on food last week at a top restaurant only to find that the veg were now frozen veg, the home made breads, previously free gratis, fresh from the oven and served warm, had now been replaced with a cold, bought in, bread roll or two.

Everywhere I go it seems that folks are cutting back on portions, or quality, in order to try and keep their costs down.

It is getting harder and harder to have a really satisfying dining out experience.

If you know anywhere that is bucking this awful trend please share it!

Archived