British muslims warned

indeed and i hope they are / were caught, but you seem to be reading more into than me....surprisingly

was it racist? i dont think so, it says he was attacked because he "wasnt local"?

was he attacked cos he wasnt asian?

was he attacked cos he was italian american?

it doesnt say so, i cant say its racist without the full facts

it sounds like he was attacked purely the wrong place the wrong time, they were obviously out for a ruck and he happened to be there, they said something, he answered back, they got the excuse they needed.

sadly it ahhpens in all towns and cities and areas of people of all pesuasions

Not reading anything into it mel, just making a point old lad ..... hint below :D

Claiming something to be racist and not knowing the full facts ..... surely not shocker :o

---------- Post added 23-10-2013 at 12:28 ----------

What if it had been 5 white youths attacking an Asian guy, would you jump on the 'it was racist', bandwagon ?

The media would no doubt, and I'm pretty certain their would be plenty for some to froth about on here ... point made :suspect:

Excellent, well you more than many posters here make my point.

If I were a Muslim considering joining the armed forces and your views are typical of non Muslims, I wouldn't want to work alongside people who shared those kind of views..I certainly wouldn't believe those people would want to get along with me or watch my back on the battlefield and there are plenty of other job options.

If you was a Muslim wanting to join the armed forces you wouldn't know the views of the typical non Muslims members of the armed forces, so you wouldn't really be able to use that as an excuse not to join.

We await your next excuse.

---------- Post added 23-10-2013 at 15:35 ----------

indeed and i hope they are / were caught, but you seem to be reading more into than me....surprisingly

was it racist? i dont think so, it says he was attacked because he "wasnt local"?

was he attacked cos he wasnt asian?

was he attacked cos he was italian american?

it doesnt say so, i cant say its racist without the full facts

it sounds like he was attacked purely the wrong place the wrong time, they were obviously out for a ruck and he happened to be there, they said something, he answered back, they got the excuse they needed.

sadly it ahhpens in all towns and cities and areas of people of all pesuasions

The police believe the suspects picked a fight with the victim as he was obviously not from the local area and they took exception to the fact that he was a bit different.

Some might call that racist.

If you was a Muslim wanting to join the armed forces you wouldn't know the views of the typical non Muslims members of the armed forces, so you wouldn't really be able to use that as an excuse not to join.

---------- Post added 23-10-2013 at 15:35 ----------

The police believe the suspects picked a fight with the victim as he was obviously not from the local area and they took exception to the fact that he was a bit different.

Some might call that racist.

only if its to do with his race or ethnicity, which ISNT mentioned

Perhaps you didn't read what I'd written, it's not rocket science.

People don't join the armed forces from left field, they're influenced by many factors, as I pointed out if I were a Muslim and had read what the poster I was responding to had said about Muslims there'd be no reason to believe his views weren't typical of non Muslims, especially as he's a former member of the services.

If you recall this line of discussion was pre-empted by another poster asking why Muslims dont join the military. There will be many reasons and the one I've explored shouldn't be disregarded as one of them just to suit your anti Islamic agenda.

Perhaps you didn't read what I'd written, it's not rocket science.

People don't join the armed forces from left field, they're influenced by many factors, as I pointed out if I were a Muslim and had read what the poster I was responding to had said about Muslims there'd be no reason to believe his views weren't typical of non Muslims, especially as he's a former member of the services.

If you recall this line of discussion was pre-empted by another poster asking why Muslims dont join the military. There will be many reasons and the one I've explored shouldn't be disregarded as one of them just to suit your anti Islamic agenda.

Although in a chicken and egg situation if Muslims don't integrate and do their bit folk won't say nice things about them. Well apart from you halibut and mel.

Muslims in general dont join our forces because they know full well most of our conflicts (or future conflicts) are with Islamic states. Therefore they have a conflict of interest.

Muslims soldiers i would imagine are frowned upon in their community.

Muslim isn't a nationality. But you are right in what you say. There are many wars fought between people who are nominally of the same religion. The problem in the UK is Muslims put their religion above loyalty to the UK. So a Pakistani Muslim living in the UK would most likely have more loyalty to Iran than the UK if there were a war between our nations.

Although in a chicken and egg situation if Muslims don't integrate and do their bit folk won't say nice things about them. Well apart from you halibut and mel.

I don't integrate with the EDL, I guess I should lose sleep over what they think or say about me.

---------- Post added 23-10-2013 at 16:32 ----------

Muslim isn't a nationality. But you are right in what you say. There are many wars fought between people who are nominally of the same religion. The problem in the UK is Muslims put their religion above loyalty to the UK. So a Pakistani Muslim living in the UK would most likely have more loyalty to Iran than the UK if there were a war between our nations.

What comes first for you? Loyalty to the UK or your family? Make a choice.

What comes first for you? Loyalty to the UK or your family? Make a choice.

That's pretty easy. My family.

That's not quite the same as loyalty to this country or a different one where you have no relatives or links but they happen to share a religion.

I'm not sure how far we would have got in 1939 if our armed forces had declared their loyalty to Germany.

Archived