British muslims warned

Whilst Plain Talker is busy would anyone else care to answer my question?

its everybodys duty, not just you demanding that muslims bend over backwards, which funnily enough is what this thread started out as before it was hijacked by the usual suspects subverting it to the usual all out attack on muslims generally

Of course it is... if that's what they really feel...

---------- Post added 25-10-2013 at 13:46 ----------

Mmmm I asked her the other day if there was a street protest by Muslims to oppose Islamists would she attend? She hasn't answered that either...

---------- Post added 25-10-2013 at 13:47 ----------

its everybodys duty, not just you demanding that muslims bend over backwards, which funnily enough is what this thread started out as before it was hijacked by the usual suspects subverting it to the usual all out attack on muslims generally

Mel... only a few nutty NFers hate ordinary Muslims. We hate Islamists, they're the enemy within...

So, to be clear, you do not think it is the responsibility of the Muslim community (ordinary, decent, peaceful Muslims) to tackle Islamic extremism?

Personally I don't believe it's their responsibility anymore than anyone else's, but if they want to that's fine. It's setting people up to failure (and self righteous indignation when they do fail) if you demand they act on something which they're not responsible for.

It reminds me of the apologies some groups have demanded from governments because of the historic misdeeds of the people they represent. I'm sure you don't agree that the British government should apologise for colonialism or its part in the slave trade for example?

Mmmm I asked her the other day if there was a street protest by Muslims to oppose Islamists would she attend? She hasn't answered that either...
Why should she answer? Why should she attend?

Mel... only a few nutty NFers hate ordinary Muslims. We hate Islamists, they're the enemy within...

But you seem intent on associating 'ordinary Muslims' with the actions of the extremists because you don't see them waving anti Islamist placards on every street corner.

Personally I don't believe it's their responsibility anymore than anyone else's, but if they want to that's fine. It's setting people up to failure (and self righteous indignation when they do fail) if you demand they act on something which they're not responsible for.

It reminds me of the apologies some groups have demanded from governments because of the historic misdeeds of the people they represent. I'm sure you don't agree that the British government should apologise for colonialism or its part in the slave trade for example?

dont you find it a little odd that after 9 pages theyre now arguing about what the op was about?? british muslims speaking out about extremists? its like theyre so intent on garnering as much bile against muslims and taking the thread so off topic, they forget what the original thread was about :huh::loopy:

Wor e said

---------- Post added 25-10-2013 at 14:19 ----------

dont you find it a little odd that after 9 pages theyre now arguing about what the op was about?? british muslims speaking out about extremists? its like theyre so intent on garnering as much bile against muslims and taking the thread so off topic, they forget what the original thread was about :huh::loopy:

Hahaha..isn't that an irony!

How do you reason that? How can we non-Muslims influence how Muslims practice their religion? How do we monitor what is preached in Muslim places of worship? How do we monitor the views and behaviour of Muslims who do not live amongst us? How are we going to correct, or report, the extremist view of our children when none of them are Muslims?

Did you call for a "Not in my name" as day when the catholic priests were outed as kiddie fiddlers?"

Don't recall catholic priests flying airliners into building, bombing busses and the London, setting bombs off everyday targeting men, women and children.

How do you reason that? How can we non-Muslims influence how Muslims practice their religion? How do we monitor what is preached in Muslim places of worship? How do we monitor the views and behaviour of Muslims who do not live amongst us? How are we going to correct, or report, the extremist view of our children when none of them are Muslims?

is there not ways?

cant you think?

dont you think talking to a community and being "friends" with a community is gonna garner more results than purely driving them away, underground, further towards secrecy and extremism?

did ofsted not recently close a school down? how did they manage that?

Archived