British muslims warned

Estimates put the number of Muslims in the UK at nearly 3 million (http://www.brin.ac.uk/news/2010/how-many-muslims/), so let's say the number who've gone to training camps is 3000, that represents 0.1% of the total population.

That's an interesting statistic that you quote. So if 3000 UK Muslim residents have undergone terrorist training that does only represent 0.1% of the Muslim population.

It also only represents 1 in 50,000 of the UK population as a whole. So with Sheffield having a population of half a million it is likely that there are 10 Muslims in Sheffield who have been trained as terrorists.

Also with Sheffield forum having a membership of 172,000 it is likely that 3 or 4 of our members are actually Muslim terrorists who have attended training camps abroad. I wonder if we can guess which ones they are.

MI5 estimates that there are over 200 separate Islamic terrorist groups in the UK with around 3000 individuals having received training. So where you or I might not be in a position to speculate I would imagine they are. This is an ongoing list, as new groups and jihadists are being recruited all the time.

4 bombers in London killed 52 people and injured another 770. So with around 3000 indoctrinated nutcases on the loose there is potential for rather a large loss of life and injury.

It really doesn't matter whether you want to believe that individual officer is a terrorist recruit. MI5 certainly believe the police force to have been infiltrated. But I don't imagine that some folk want to believe it until the sleepers actually assassinate someone.

well, can you take your sleepers eleswhere? this thread WAS about people who definitely arent sleepers

That's an interesting statistic that you quote. So if 3000 UK Muslim residents have undergone terrorist training that does only represent 0.1% of the Muslim population.

It also only represents 1 in 50,000 of the UK population as a whole. So with Sheffield having a population of half a million it is likely that there are 10 Muslims in Sheffield who have been trained as terrorists.

Also with Sheffield forum having a membership of 172,000 it is likely that 3 or 4 of our members are actually Muslim terrorists who have attended training camps abroad. I wonder if we can guess which ones they are.

Well I don't know who the Muslim members are, although given his previous contributions 'mafya' stands out as one, and given his username is probably being monitored ;)

PS it was another poster who quoted 3000, I've no idea what it's based on and if it's accurate how many MI5 regard as a serious threat.

Well I don't know who the Muslim members are, although given his previous contributions 'mafya' stands out as one, and given his username is probably being monitored ;)

PS it was another poster who quoted 3000, I've no idea what it's based on and if it's accurate how many MI5 regard as a serious threat.

No it was definitely you that came up with the 3000 figure. "Estimates put the number of Muslims in the UK at nearly 3 million (http://www.brin.ac.uk/news/2010/how-many-muslims/), so let's say the number who've gone to training camps is 3000, that represents 0.1% of the total population."

These terrorists don't even need to openly claim to be Muslim. They could conceivably just repeatedly post pro-muslim comments whilst hiding behind an avatar and username to throw MI5 off the scent. If I were trying to smoke out the likely 4 jihadists are on this forum I'd look at the threads and see who fits the criteria. I could give MI5 3 or 4 names of who's doors to kick down first.

No it was definitely you that came up with the 3000 figure. "Estimates put the number of Muslims in the UK at nearly 3 million (http://www.brin.ac.uk/news/2010/how-many-muslims/), so let's say the number who've gone to training camps is 3000, that represents 0.1% of the total population."
Apologies you're quite right, I was extrapolating what another poster said when he described the number as 'several thousand'.

These terrorists don't even need to openly claim to be Muslim. They could conceivably just repeatedly post pro-muslim comments whilst hiding behind an avatar and username to throw MI5 off the scent. If I were trying to smoke out the likely 4 jihadists are on this forum I'd look at the threads and see who fits the criteria. I could give MI5 3 or 4 names of who's doors to kick down first.

Don't you think the security forces already monitor forums such as this already? It wouldn't be beyond the realms of reason to set up a Google Alert for usernames of individuals in the UK who regularly post potentially threatening material.

Apologies you're quite right, I was extrapolating what another poster said when he described the number as 'several thousand'.

Don't you think the security forces already monitor forums such as this already? It wouldn't be beyond the realms of reason to set up a Google Alert for usernames of individuals in the UK who regularly post potentially threatening material.

I'm sure this forum is regularly monitored. MI5 have 4100 employees. MI6 and the other agencies don't say but there are certainly 10,000 folk out there monitoring for the 3000 suspects.

So you can expect 10 to a dozen of the forums membership to be involved in counter espionage or counter terrorism. So the 4 jihadists will need to try to work out who those dozen are. Can you think of any pro-islam posters who have suddenly stopped posting and have developed a new interest in water sports?

I'm sure this forum is regularly monitored. MI5 have 4100 employees. MI6 and the other agencies don't say but there are certainly 10,000 folk out there monitoring for the 3000 suspects.

So you can expect 10 to a dozen of the forums membership to be involved in counter espionage or counter terrorism. So the 4 jihadists will need to try to work out who those dozen are. Can you think of any pro-islam posters who have suddenly stopped posting and have developed a new interest in water sports?

To be honest I've never seen anyone post pro jihadist stuff on here, and as for water sports, well isn't that your domain Anna? ;)

Archived