British muslims warned

What are they?
Wasn't me that used that term!

I wouldn't mind some clarification on this one too if its no trouble :)

Identity. Affiliation. Common Purpose.

The same reasons working class white youths are drawn to the EDL or BNP by the way.

I see were going walkabout again

Not all, I was derailing the likely accusations from you and others that I was celebrating the reasons why Muslims are drawn to fundamentalism by suggesting the reasons are the same for individuals attracted to any extreme ideology.

Wasn't me that used that term!

Yes you did. I quoted your post.

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 19:14 ----------

Not all, I was derailing the likely accusations from you and others that I was celebrating the reasons why Muslims are drawn to fundamentalism by suggesting the reasons are the same for individuals attracted to any extreme ideology.

Derailing the likely?

Derailing the thread more like. How can you 'derail' something that may or may not happen?

Yes you did. I quoted your post.
Apologies I thought you'd said I'd referred to Muslims as 'they'. I understand your point now. I think Muslims are less likely to join the armed forces because rightly or wrongly the armed forces have a history of discriminating against ethnic minorities, immigrants are less likely to identify with the traditions and obviously they're less likely to encounter people who look like them, so it wouldn't be a natural choice for a Muslim unless they're were highly motivated.

Derailing the likely?

Derailing the thread more like. How can you 'derail' something that may or may not happen?

As I said I was anticipating a reaction, it seems you and others are intent on pursuing this line of your own accord.

Apologies I thought you'd said I'd referred to Muslims as 'they'. I understand your point now. I think Muslims are less likely to join the armed forces because rightly or wrongly the armed forces have a history of discriminating against ethnic minorities, immigrants are less likely to identify with the traditions and obviously they're less likely to encounter people who look like them, so it wouldn't be a natural choice for a Muslim unless they're were highly motivated.

Ethnic minorities are under-respresented in the armed forces but, arguably, a significant part of the reason is the almost non-existance of Muslims.

I'm not convinced the problem is British racism. How do you account for the fact that British Muslims are not only not joining our armed forces but are 5 times more likely to go and train to fight for an extremist Islamic cause?

Ethnic minorities are under-respresented in the armed forces but, arguably, a significant part of the reason is the almost non-existance of Muslims.

I'm not convinced the problem is British racism. How do you account for the fact that British Muslims are not only not joining our armed forces but are 5 times more likely to go and train to fight for an extremist Islamic cause?

According to the stats there are currently around 450 Muslims in the British Army. It doesn't break that down into ethnic origin. That compares with the estimate of 1600-2000 who are currently training in terrorist training camps and the 3000 said to be in the UK having been trained in these camps.

As I said I was anticipating a reaction, it seems you and others are intent on pursuing this line of your own accord.

Do you have any evidence to support that statement? because I didn't notice any discrimination against ethnic minorities.

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 22:29 ----------

Pretty ironic that you quote a group of foreign soldiers who have been discriminated against.

In what why have they been discriminated against?

Do you have any evidence to support that statement? because I didn't notice any discrimination against ethnic minorities.
I did say 'rightly or wrongly', if you read my post and the perception of racism exists in establishments like the armed forces, within ethnic minority groups.

In what why have they been discriminated against?

You weren't aware of the high publicity campaign Joanna Lumley mounted on behalf of the gurkas?

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 23:36 ----------

Give the guy a break he's trying to prop up a 1 legged camel.

Well I'd have more success than if it had to rely on your sloping shoulders.

Archived