Banksy.Should he be charged/Criminal damage?

Should Banksy be arrested for his graffiti art?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should Banksy be arrested for his graffiti art?

Sky news this morning ( sorry no link)

New York mayor orders police to hunt for graffiti artist.

Should he be hauled in? Yes ,no, or i don't care.

I say "yes"

If i went about defacing other peoples property,i would be arrested and charged accordingly.

Why should Banksy get away with it?

I wish he'd come and paint some walls in Sheffield. I like to see really good graffiti art in unexpected places. I guess their issue with banksy is not only that his art it quite subversive but also might encourage low level activities like tagging which is just stupid vandalism. There's a big difference though in my opinion.

The only trouble with this sort of artwork is that either people attempt to damage it or they try to copy it with their own 'creative genius' . I can think of works with caricatures of people that over time started to get speech bubbles added or just mindless tags. If artist critics want to say this stuff is worthy then let the artist go to an art gallery and paint on their walls either exterior or interior

Sky news this morning ( sorry no link)

New York mayor orders police to hunt for graffiti artist.

Should he be hauled in? Yes ,no, or i don't care.

I say "yes"

If i went about defacing other peoples property,i would be arrested and charged accordingly.

Why should Banksy get away with it?

I say "no"

It's what art is about, getting away with it.

I wish he'd come and paint some walls in Sheffield. I like to see really good graffiti art in unexpected places. I guess their issue with banksy is not only that his art it quite subversive but also might encourage low level activities like tagging which is just stupid vandalism. There's a big difference though in my opinion.

I like his work. But it seems some of his followers are making the situation worse by ripping out brickwork etc: from others property to preserve his work,and take home. Maybe it's this that's peeing off the mayor?

Also enjoyed the story about the guy trying to sell Banksies original works from his stall for a few dollars,but worth a fair few thousands,with very few takers.I wonder if they were aware of the true value? Or maybe people just didn't like what they were perusing over.

I like his work. But it seems some of his followers are making the situation worse by ripping out brickwork etc: from others property to preserve his work,and take home. Maybe it's this that's peeing off the mayor?

Also enjoyed the story about the guy trying to sell Banksies original works from his stall for a few dollars,but worth a fair few thousands,with very few takers.I wonder if they were aware of the true value? Or maybe people just didn't like what they were perusing over.

apparently it was a fly by night stall that banksy decided to set up, 1 day only, with no previous advertising etc, so those that would prolly have bought wouldnt have known itd have been there that day

apparently it was a fly by night stall that banksy decided to set up, 1 day only, with no previous advertising etc, so those that would prolly have bought wouldnt have known itd have been there that day

That's right.

I saw one guy purchase a couple of pics for about $30 each! He's laughing all the way to the bank.

Archived