Banksy.Should he be charged/Criminal damage?

Should Banksy be arrested for his graffiti art?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should Banksy be arrested for his graffiti art?

Sky news this morning ( sorry no link)

I say "yes"

If i went about defacing other peoples property,i would be arrested and charged accordingly.

Why should Banksy get away with it?

Because he's famous and a celebrity and his graffiti is valuable- therefore beyond prosecution.

Sky news this morning ( sorry no link)

New York mayor orders police to hunt for graffiti artist.

Should he be hauled in? Yes ,no, or i don't care.

I say "yes"

If i went about defacing other peoples property,i would be arrested and charged accordingly.

Why should Banksy get away with it?

Because it turns the owners into millionaires? The owners are entitled to rip the wall out and sell it.

Because it turns the owners into millionaires? The owners are entitled to rip the wall out and sell it.

Hey that's a good point that passed me right by..

---------- Post added 19-10-2013 at 22:27 ----------

So if he painted something on your wall would you treat it as a petty piece of vandalism and wash it off, or would you cash in?

Penistones gone away to have a think about this..Haha!

I wish he'd come and paint some walls in Sheffield. I like to see really good graffiti art in unexpected places. I guess their issue with banksy is not only that his art it quite subversive but also might encourage low level activities like tagging which is just stupid vandalism. There's a big difference though in my opinion.

We have/had Phlegm, I like his work, the imagination and detail is amazing :)

Archived