Boy Scout topples 170million years old rock

alternageek, I love you.

Theft or vandalism from national parks is no joke. When I was a teenager, my sister knew of several people who actually went to jail for hacking up old growth redwood trees in Northern California to get the burl.

It's no joke, if they catch you. These guys have made it easy. They're certainly not the sharpest tools in the shed, but they don't deserve jail. I would love to see a big, fat fine and they should be forced to do community service.

I

:hihi:

yay we can see the fatboy now :)

tbh dude im not sure he sees old rocks the same way you do

He's probably a creationist who thinks it has only been there for 6,500 years anyway, and that god made it for us to do with as we want.

---------- Post added 19-10-2013 at 20:08 ----------

In his defence the rock was pretty precariously balanced anyway and if one fat man managed to shove it over it would probably have toppled after a storm or two.

but if he was in a national park in a protected are then you don't go doing stuff like that, so some kind of punishment is in order.

There's every chance one of those stones of the Pyramids could fall off and kill someone - better knock them down. As for Stonehenge, have you seen how precarious that looks?

alternageek, I love you.

Theft or vandalism from national parks is no joke. When I was a teenager, my sister knew of several people who actually went to jail for hacking up old growth redwood trees in Northern California to get the burl.

It's no joke if they catch you. These guys have made it easy. They're certainly not the sharpest tools in the shed, but they don't deserve jail. I would love to see a big, fat fine and they should be forced to do community service.

they should be made to cement it back together again :)

Archived