1902 tram ride movie though Sheffield

Nagel

Imagine - that if we... (mankind) .. continue into the future - as we are.......Then think how fascinating it would be .. via some kind of playback apparatus - to watch films and news from ... say, 200 / 300 or even 500 years ago... or more.... fantastic !

Edited by oscar2157

• 9 months later...

kidneystone. Thank you ,Thank you,Thank you. Just watched the tram ride. Loved the then and now segment at the end. My old area round London Rd brought back a lot of memories. Also I watched a few of the separate then and now. They demolished a lot of buildings that had body and character, replaced them with brick boxes and let the weeds and bushes fill in the gaps. Its pretty sad how drab a lot of areas look, some good planning and these areas could be developed and make the city look proud and beautiful, and a pleasure to live in.

...Loved the then and now segment at the end...
You wouldn't believe the risks I took with the traffic to get the Pinstone Street and Waingate photos (I might have become a "then" instead of a "now".:o) but other modern views were from Google Earth. The old film gives a fascinating glimpse of Edwardian life, and it's wonderful that it has been preserved.