1902 tram ride movie though Sheffield

Nagel

Thanks for posting, it's a very interesting clip. You can almost tell the class of a person, just from their hat alone! Don't see so many flat caps, bowlers, and top hats these days.

Yes I noticed that too ! Great little film, don't let the health and safety gang see it.

Someone may be able to help if you temporarily remove your block to pm's.;)

Hello I posted this film on the Yorkshire expats forum but the people abroad cannot view it. What are pm's ? Do you have instructions so that people abroad can see the film? Thank you for your help.

Hello I posted this film on the Yorkshire expats forum but the people abroad cannot view it. What are pm's ? Do you have instructions so that people abroad can see the film? Thank you for your help.

Why should people abroad be able to see the movies posted on the British Film Industry website for free? It's a service provided for the UK only. We don't provide the funding for it to be available in other countries.

Edited by Nagel

....looking at the readable shop names on the left, and comparing these with contemporary directories and an old map, I think the following street corners are passed:...
That's very interesting Hillsbro! At about 2:35 is that a clock tower in the background? It doesn't seem to be there now.

You can see the church HERE and also the empty space after it was demolished, what later came to be known as the Peace Gardens

Fascinating article. I know there will be those who say I have my head in the clouds but I can't help feeling that the city lost something quite significant and irreplaceable when the diocese decided to demolish that church.

Fascinating article. I know there will be those who say I have my head in the clouds but I can't help feeling that the city lost something quite significant and irreplaceable when the diocese decided to demolish that church.

I'm with you on that rogG and I'd just like to add that the site was known as the Peace Gardens at least back to the 40's.