Why not start a micropub?

Fed up of real ale, it's for people with beards and sandals and pipes and for people who pretend they know what they're talking about. They've even tried to make real ale trendy, which it's never been and never will be.

That's a great reason for drinking in real ale pubs knowing we won't bump into you.

Fed up of real ale, it's for people with beards and sandals and pipes and for people who pretend they know what they're talking about. They've even tried to make real ale trendy, which it's never been and never will be.

Stereotype much Mecky?

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 12:39 ----------

Im always a bit wary of new ideas they usually come at a cost ...any idea of the price of a pint ?

As it's only opened today I don't know. May I suggest visiting the Chesterfield Alehouse in the name of "research"? :D

There is regarding village pubs, but around Sheffield there is a little Sheffield attitude. When I started a thread about one such pub I got a lot of negative posts.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1221246b

At least it was bought & reused for something. I just hate seeing the derelict buildings that are sat empty for years going to ruin. It seems to all be for anti-competitive reasons too, just because they're scared of small local businesses competing fairly.

That's a great reason for drinking in real ale pubs knowing we won't bump into you.

Likewise, now go and smoke your pipe

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 13:58 ----------

Stereotype much Mecky?

Why do you think stereotype scenarios exist, do you think it might be because people have noticed specific patterns in behaviour?

Likewise, now go and smoke your pipe

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 13:58 ----------

Why do you think stereotype scenarios exist, do you think it might be because people have noticed specific patterns in behaviour?

If you start using stereotypes you invite the use of them on yourself. You of all people wouldn't like that!

Archived