Saving the world from terrorism?

Please refrain from bickering and insults. I will be issuing suspensions if this continues.
I'm sorry but I fail to see anything insulting in my post. !8 years of Naval Service entails a lot of travel.

---------- Post added 23-10-2013 at 16:57 ----------

Yep! I was standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona one day just last week but no girl in a flatbed Ford stopped by though :hihi:
Welcome to the Hotel California, it's a lovely place.:hihi:

Before I became a Yank, I retired from tne Royal Navy with the rank of Chief Petty Officer. I suspect I have seen more of the world than you ever will, though I admit I've never been to Antarctica.

I salute you Uncle Buck Hornblower.And i guess you have stories aplenty from your swashbuckling days travelling the world. But just because you have seen more of the world doesn't mean you know more of the world.

Oh.. Give me the USA anyday as our allies,rather than China. I wouldn't trust them.

I don't see anything insulting in your comment

Originally Posted by Harleyman View Post

Yep! I was standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona one day just last week but no girl in a flatbed Ford stopped by though

[/color]Welcome to the Hotel California, it's a lovely place.:hihi:

That's the second verse from 'Take It Easy', not 'Hotel California', I can take you to a couple of gigs this weekend where a band I know play both along with other 'Eagles' songs

That's the second verse from 'Take It Easy', not 'Hotel California', I can take you to a couple of gigs this weekend where a band I know play both along with other 'Eagles' songs

I've passed through Winslow many times on my way to and from Flagstaff. It's not much of a town. There's a statue of one of the Eagles on the corner of the main drag and a red flat bed Ford truck parked nearby. The town's sole tourist attraction

Uncle Sam is there to save us all

With the IRA in the 1970s and 80s being funded by NORAID, maybe we should have invaded the terrorist supporting USA?

That is how it's done isn't it?

Or maybe America could have invaded itself?

Funds raised in the United States ostensibly for charitable relief work in Northern Ireland have been diverted for the purchase of guns and bombmaking equipment for the outlawed Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA), according to US federal court documents.

But on several occasions in 1982 and 1983 some of the Noraid funds were siphoned off to finance IRA shopping expeditions in the US for guns and other military hardware, according to the testimony of Michael Hanratty, a former electronics purchaser for the IRA who turned federal informant in 1982.

LINK

And of course I'm sure none of us have forgotten how in the 1980s America shipped weapons to Contra terrorists in Nicaragua, funded by arms sales to Iran (yes, that Iran).

During the Reagan administration, senior administration officials secretly facilitated the sale of arms to Iran, the subject of an arms embargo.

Some U.S. officials also hoped that the arms sales would secure the release of hostages and allow U.S. intelligence agencies to fund the Nicaraguan Contras. Under the Boland Amendment, further funding of the Contras by the government had been prohibited by Congress.

Large modifications to the plan were devised by Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North of the National Security Council in late 1985, in which a portion of the proceeds from the weapon sales was diverted to fund anti-Sandinista and anti-communist rebels, or Contras, in Nicaragua

LINK

The Iran-Contra affair (Col. Oliver North) must sure ring some bells with someone? Anyone?

These acts were not only in violation of Congressional restrictions on funding the Contras but also an arms embargo on Iran.

I guess a certain moral and legal flexibility is required when "saving the world from terrorism".

I salute you Uncle Buck Hornblower.And i guess you have stories aplenty from your swashbuckling days travelling the world. But just because you have seen more of the world doesn't mean you know more of the world.

Oh.. Give me the USA anyday as our allies,rather than China. I wouldn't trust them.

I don't see anything insulting in your comment

Never said I knew more. While some of my shippies might take off somewhere interesting, I'd be likely to spend a bit of time in the local red light district. I never was much of a tourist. My wife and I made our last trip to visit the grandkids in Florida last year in the car. 1200 miles each way. No more. If they want see us they have to come to us. I don't like Florida anyway, never have.

Uncle Sam and his freedom squad have been busy protecting us again:

Merkel's call to Obama: are you bugging my phone?

Merkel was said by informed sources in Germany to be "livid" over the reports and convinced, on the basis of a German intelligence investigation, that the reports were utterly substantiated.

LINK

Clearly an overreaction by the Germans. Of course it's necessary to bug the democratically elected leader of one their allies.

Y'know. Terrorism. And stuff.

Terrorism lol. More lives have been lost in the pursuit of ending terrorism than have been lost as a cause of it.

UK would have never been attacked on 7/7 had it not been for meddling in other countries problems.

---------- Post added 24-10-2013 at 05:15 ----------

[/color]

Attacked by your own home grown terrorists. Muslims born in the UK. We all have Brit Richard Reid. Finsbury Park mosque alumni to thank for having to remove shoes before boarding an airline flight.

The UK is known thoughout Europe as a breeding ground for radical islamic extremists

Archived