Do HSBC charge for money transfers?

I have just relieved a payment from someone in India only to discover that the payment was 12 pounds short.

Is HSBC charging me for receiving the payment? i have tried to find something online which states this but haven't found anything. Anyone work for them that could advise me please?

Thanks

International banking to India is a sodding lottery. I've had each step of a transfer traced and specifically stated that I want to pay any and all charges (you can state you only want the recipient to pay as well) but whoopsi-bloody-daisy its £13 light at the other end. My bank (Santander) didn't no why. My Indian contact didn't know why. It's probably the corresponding bank taking money as it leaves them. If I were you, just add on the extra money. Just to make it more confusing sometimes no money is taken off.

Nice to see it doesn't just happen to me!

Yes, it is a bank charge but I have no idea who is charging who. When I last received a payment which was for more money there were no charges. Bizarrely enough £12 has disappeared somewhere.

I do know that if I telephoned HSBC they would have no idea about any of this....

Archived