Why ban smoking drugs IF..

What a great debate !!

Who will win? Dunno but a nod to reality and the world today will

probably lead to an understanding of what causes problems and what

doesn't will prevail.

Look you've got to take it with a pinch of salt and make a joke of it, how can you take these people seriously.

I wondered what Psychosis was like now I know, keep popping the pills.:hihi::hihi:

I'm happy to go on in this jokey vein, but I'm also prepared to break your position down point by point in order to try and understand it.

Can you handle it reasonably without resorting to ridicule, belittlement and explicit or implicit personal attacks, however humorous, and just discuss the serious objections you have, and rebut or refute my arguments against them?

What I mean by this is teasing out the moral, legal, and philosophical aspects of drug use, and sticking to the point at hand, rather than flying off at a tangent and addressing some other factor when the reasoning becomes irrefutable, as it will.

This means, to a certain extent, indulging in some socratic dialogue, but I'm happy to reciprocate if you have a line of reasoning you'd like me to follow.

And I'm happy for you to go first. If you can?

Amputating thieves is legal in other countries but not here so what you're now saying we should follow the example of some other countries and cut of the hands of thieves.

No, I'm not.

Are you going to answer the question I asked you, or just keep responding with other questions?

---------- Post added 24-10-2013 at 07:32 ----------

So do you think that house breaking should be legalised, there's am awful lot about and it's been illegal for hundreds of years

---------- Post added 23-10-2013 at 17:20 ----------

So you'd legalise rape as well because rape is illegal and the law has been ineffectual in preventing it.

---------- Post added 23-10-2013 at 17:23 ----------

Pickpocketing is illegal and unlike drug abuse nobody gets hurt so surely in the pecking order pickpocketing should be made legal before weed.

You list three crimes with victims and then compare them to an activity that involves only a single person. Drug use harms no one apart from possibly the user. Doing something to yourself should not be a crime.

---------- Post added 24-10-2013 at 07:34 ----------

Any proof of your assertions?

There's quite a lot actually, various trials and studies in the UK and abroad. Portugal being the best currently running example.

Why not theyre criminals ergo scum,that tends to be the reasonibg by the majority on here ...until it comes to drugs and drug dealing ..maybe that says something about some users of this forum,Im amazed that some of the names on here are outspoken about crime and criminals yet defend drug pushers as though they are something special instead of just common or garden criminal scum

I've also noticed this hypocrisy, I can also see why some on here are so paranoid with all this weed they are smoking.

---------- Post added 24-10-2013 at 07:57 ----------

I thought I was associating the word scum with drug dealers,Iv broken a few laws but Im pleased to say Iv never joined the drug dealing scum,another one that seems unable to comprehend plain english...Hey poster leave those drugs alone...just say no

Its all the weed they appear to smoke, its scrambled their brains. :D

---------- Post added 24-10-2013 at 08:05 ----------

So do you think that house breaking should be legalised, there's am awful lot about and it's been illegal for hundreds of years

---------- Post added 23-10-2013 at 17:20 ----------

So you'd legalise rape as well because rape is illegal and the law has been ineffectual in preventing it.

---------- Post added 23-10-2013 at 17:23 ----------

Pickpocketing is illegal and unlike drug abuse nobody gets hurt so surely in the pecking order pickpocketing should be made legal before weed.

Nice post. :)

---------- Post added 24-10-2013 at 08:06 ----------

No. Argumentum ad extremum.

I wouldn't legalise rape or pick pocketing (aka theft), because those crimes have victims. If I buy weed, I hurt nobody, and thus it shouldn't be illegal.

But selling it should be illegal because that does have victims. ;)

---------- Post added 24-10-2013 at 08:13 ----------

Drug use harms no one apart from possibly the user.

:o Does it not, you should explain this to the victims.

You think that the article somehow shows harm to someone other than the user? A victim for example?

Don't forget the context though, you were trying to equate smoking cannabis with burglary and theft. Both crimes with a very clear victim.

Whilst we're swapping links though, have a look at this one;

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2010/11/drugs_cause_most_harm

Archived