Why ban smoking drugs IF..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post

Who are the victims?

Here's a small sample for you.

Quote:

One group of victims are babies born to women that used cannabis during pregnancy.

Quote:

Marijuana is the drug most often linked to crime.

Quote:

In a large study of Australian twins, the researchers found that those who used marijuana before age 17 were two to five times more likely to use other drugs or to develop alcohol or drug abuse or dependence.

Quote:

Driver high on marijuana hits and kills a pedestrian in Vancouver.

Quote:

Police find marijuana lab in home of man who shot 2 women, then killed another in U.S. 27 crash

Before he became a killer of women, Antonio Feliu was a cultivator of weed, a thief of electricity, they found a fully operational growhouse, with the wiring rigged to pull in power while bypassing the meter.

Quote:

A paranoid pot-smoker gunned down two Florida college students and wounded a third as his 7-year-old daughter cowered beneath a table during the carnage, police said

And yet some on here and one in particular claim Cannabis is harmless

---------- Post added 24-10-2013 at 17:25 ----------

Who is a victim from someone selling drugs?
Er pardon?

I am answering intelligently.

no youre not youre picking out random negatives and throwing them around without thought

A: mother and baby

as magilla said, its exactly the same as smoking and drinking, ideally a mother should not do it during pregancy, indeed when we had kids, i started going outside to smoke (oh but then the idiots on the right started on me for being a bad parent for not being in the room as the kids, ill let you think about what the possible solution couldve been, its sooo hard)

B: driving

again its the same as drug driving, drink driving now, you shouldnt do it, although there IS studies that suggest cannabis use makes you concentrate on the road more, indeed legal drugs can affect your driving if not more, then the same

C: victims

In a lot of cases there is victims in drug dealing, usuage, mostly its down to prohibition and the way users/dealers have to operate tho

In a lot of cases theres people who dabble in drugs on a weekend, dont mug or rob people, dont get addicted, just have a few joints on a weekend, or a couple on an evening, all hunky dory

are a few ive seen bandied about

B) I rely on medical evidence that shows that Cannabis can and will damage your health.

That's not under debate. What is under debate is why it should be illegal. I should have the freedom to damage my own health if I wish, for it is not the state's place to control my choice.

Even bigger, that state control doesn't work. Prohibition is an abject failure. It has created much more harm than it has stopped.

---------- Post added 24-10-2013 at 17:29 ----------

Er pardon?

Who is a victim from someone selling drugs?

no youre not youre picking out random negatives and throwing them around without thought

A: mother and baby

as magilla said, its exactly the same as smoking and drinking, ideally a mother should not do it during pregancy, indeed when we had kids, i started going outside to smoke (oh but then the idiots on the right started on me for being a bad parent for not being in the room as the kids, ill let you think about what the possible solution couldve been, its sooo hard)

So you'd like another risk added by allowing Cannabis use, yes I suppose in the drug fans minds it makes sense.

I am answering intelligently.

A) I don't drugs to enhance my life.

Neither do I on the whole, I do like a pint every now and again.

B) I rely on medical evidence that shows that Cannabis can and will damage your health.

Has anyone suggest it doesn't?

Cigarettes & alcohol also damage your health, alcohol more so if used in excess, yet are legal. Clearly then, that is not a good enough reason for prohibition.

C) cannabis can and does affect unborn babies.

So does alcohol, yet we don't see overly many expectant mothers walking around drunk out of their minds.. I wonder why?

I'm not sure what the point is you're trying to make, anyone who wants to take drugs when pregnant already can.

Legislation would help to relieve many of these issues, not exacerbate them.

And yet some on here and one in particular claim Cannabis is harmless

Yep and we all end up funding their treatment.

There is growing evidence that people with serious mental illness, including depression and psychosis, are more likely to use cannabis or have used it for long periods of time in the past. Regular use of the drug has appeared to double the risk of developing a psychotic episode or long-term schizophrenia. However, does cannabis cause depression and schizophrenia or do people with these disorders use it as a medication?

Over the past few years, research has strongly suggested that there is a clear link between early cannabis use and later mental health problems in those with a genetic vulnerability - and that there is a particular issue with the use of cannabis by adolescents.

So you'd like another risk added by allowing Cannabis use, yes I suppose in the drug fans minds it makes sense.

it makes sense to the majority of people yes, most mothers DONT smoke or take drugs during pregnancy, some probably do, some do when its illegal anyway. dont you think if its legal mothers would get better help and information on the subject? do you think they could take more freely about it to their dr / midwife?

why should everybody have it banned because a handful cant do things properly?

So you'd like another risk added by allowing Cannabis use

The risk already exists for anyone who wants to take them. Drugs are already freely available, making massive profits for dealers who then use the money to fund other crime.

yes I suppose in the drug fans minds it makes sense.

You just can't help it can you ;)

Archived