Power company summoned before MPs

They are trying to convince us that building a new nuclear power station is the only think that can save us too. I'd rather have power cuts.

Don't forget that the French company building the nuclear power station and the Chinese investors have been promised a price for their energy twice that which it is at the moment. Cameron can fix prices 35 years in the future but can't/won't do anything about current prices.

I'm undecided about the whole nuclear thing. Greener energy but with horrendous clean ups needed :suspect:

It's not sustainable in the long term either as it will only provide power for the next 60 years.

I'm fairly sure there isn't an imminent risk of tsunami though.

Don't forget that the French company building the nuclear power station and the Chinese investors have been promised a price for their energy twice that which it is at the moment. Cameron can fix prices 35 years in the future but can't/won't do anything about current prices.

I'm undecided about the whole nuclear thing. Greener energy but with horrendous clean ups needed :suspect:

It's not sustainable in the long term either as it will only provide power for the next 60 years.

I'm fairly sure there isn't an imminent risk of tsunami though.

No doubt they'll be in for a stake in Shale Fracking as well.

What amazes me is that there are members on here who are quite prepared to accept another rip off as was the case over North Sea Gas & Oil, they can't or wont see the cash bonanza looming for the fat cats yet again.

And just as in the 70s when North Sea Gas & Oil was flowing prices will still go up.

No doubt they'll be in for a stake in Shale Fracking as well.

What amazes me is that there are members on here who are quite prepared to accept another rip off as was the case over North Sea Gas & Oil, they can't or wont see the cash bonanza looming for the fat cats yet again.

And just as in the 70s when North Sea Gas & Oil was flowing prices will still go up.

Remind me again who was in charge at that time and who owned the energy companies in 70s?

Archived