Tumble driers do they give out much heat?

We have a tumble dryer that our lass's mum gave (dumped) on us that is based in the spare room; I've vowed never too use it but our lass has a few times in the past but the silly sausage hadn't been using the ventilation pipe and so some of the plaster and paint high up the wall in there has all dried up and cracked.

I'm going too take it to the tip at the weekend.

We have a tumble dryer that our lass's mum gave (dumped) on us that is based in the spare room; I've vowed never too use it but our lass has a few times in the past but the silly sausage hadn't been using the ventilation pipe and so some of the plaster and paint high up the wall in there has all dried up and cracked.

I'm going too take it to the tip at the weekend.

You should offer it on here, save yourself a trip.

I am thinking of getting a tumble drier and the only place I have room is quite a small area with shelves for storage of cans and bottles. Do the driers give out much heat and steam which could be detrimental to the cans etc?

Whatever you do don't get a combined washer drier. They are rubbish. The drier has to evaporate any water in the washing machine before it starts on the clothes. Not only that the drying load is tiny.

Tumble driers give out a lot of steam. You are best venting through a wall or put a pipe out through a window. They use a lot of power. It might be possible to fit a condenser but I've not seen one.

Whatever you do don't get a combined washer drier. They are rubbish. The drier has to evaporate any water in the washing machine before it starts on the clothes. Not only that the drying load is tiny.

Tumble driers give out a lot of steam. You are best venting through a wall or put a pipe out through a window. They use a lot of power. It might be possible to fit a condenser but I've not seen one.

Washer dryers may not be as good as standalone tumble dryers, but they aren't all rubbish. Mine has a dry capacity of 6kg, which is as much as many washing machines hold for a wash, and this one has been working fine for 4 years. My previous one lasted for 15 years before finally popping its clogs.

We don't have space for a separate dryer and I have one arm that doesn't work so hanging washing out is very hard for me. This is my solution for managing the laundry.

Tumble dryers do heat and humidify the air around the machine, of course they do. However, vented dryers give out their heat via a pipe so the onus is on the user to vent the pipe outside, and condenser dryers only really heat the room when you open the machine.

all the moisture in the clothes will come out as steam.

They need to be vented or run into a condensing box otherise you will creat damp and moisture problems in the room they are in.

I've vowed never too use it but our lass has a few times in the past but the silly sausage hadn't been using the ventilation pipe and so some of the plaster and paint high up the wall in there has all dried up and cracked.

I didn't realise it was still a big mystery, I think I was about 10 when I figured that if the pipe wasn't poking out of the window steam built up in the room making everything damp, which was bad.

Archived