Bad experience with the RAC

Had very bad experience with RAC recovery last night was stranded for four hours with just hourly updates via text every hour saying sorry then a phone call after three hours saying we having to pass to a private company as we have no recovery trucks available absolutely shocking service and I always thought they had to attend to women drivers within the hour , when I first phoned them they said we will be with you up to two hours I said your joking aren't you they said well it's not forced to take that long massive joke they had on me but that's were it ends as from now will be changing to another company anybody got any good experience with the other company's thanks

Had very bad experience with RAC recovery last night was stranded for four hours with just hourly updates via text every hour saying sorry then a phone call after three hours saying we having to pass to a private company as we have no recovery trucks available absolutely shocking service and I always thought they had to attend to women drivers within the hour , when I first phoned them they said we will be with you up to two hours I said your joking aren't you they said well it's not forced to take that long massive joke they had on me but that's were it ends as from now will be changing to another company anybody got any good experience with the other company's thanks

Never had any problem with the AA, longest I have waited is 40 minutes.

---------- Post added 22-10-2013 at 17:22 ----------

They would attend to family be with young kids first, you are on your own, Have a think and see who they should attend to first

Yes on her own and at risk of being attacked with any of the idiots on the loose nowadays. The AA give priority to women on their own when they receive a breakdown call.

I've been impressed with the RAC both times I've needed them.

Broke down in the middle of no-where in Linconshire on a Bank Holiday, guy got to me in about 90 minutes which was fine.

Broke down just outside Castleford and the fella was there in 10 minutes, both times the guys were really nice and friendly.

Archived