Bad experience with the RAC

Just sounds like a bit of bad luck, car broke down, took ages to get recovery. It happens sometimes man, just write the day off, and if you feel really strongly about it then ditch the company.

If it is tue that they do serve women first, that is bad...so you should leave them.

Had very bad experience with RAC recovery last night was stranded for four hours with just hourly updates via text every hour saying sorry then a phone call after three hours saying we having to pass to a private company as we have no recovery trucks available absolutely shocking service and I always thought they had to attend to women drivers within the hour , when I first phoned them they said we will be with you up to two hours I said your joking aren't you they said well it's not forced to take that long massive joke they had on me but that's were it ends as from now will be changing to another company anybody got any good experience with the other company's thanks

Make sure that you remind them of this issue when your renewal is up!

I had a similar issue with the AA, been with them 19 years and they've always been to me within 40 minutes in 3 call outs except this last time, yes he came quick but he wasn't very good at his job. I complained and they said they couldn't do anything however when the renewal came through I reminded them, all of a sudden I got a massive discount because I said I was going to the RAC. You can play them off each other, a bit like car insurance companies however ensure you make a formal complaint with a reference number for that magical renewal time!!

Archived