Omg! Cyclists please take extra care.

Please go on the Boston Street thread and say the same about the van driver that a man apparently stepped out in front of.

Just for balance.

Thanks

That woulndt be balance though would it. In one instance someone stepped out into the road and in this instance someone was going to fast and almost caused an accident.

in other words going too fast for the conditions. Thankfully she didnt injure anyone else

Could quite easily be that the car pulled out and the cyclist was unable to stop. In such a case the fact that it is wet may have played no part in the cyclist been unable to stop in time.

Now can the OP give us more details on what exactly happened.

in other words going too fast for the conditions. Thankfully she didnt injure anyone else

Yes see it all the time cyclists wildly weaving through buses and cars far too quickly for the conditions :roll: thankfully she didnt damage any property or a person as she wouldn't have had any insurance ! In fact pretty much a liability !!

I was driving the car which the cyclist nearly went under. The car in front of me was turning right from a junction on the left in between a row of stationary cars on my side of the road. She edged out slowly to see if any cars were coming from the opposite direction and because the cars on my side were stationary she did not look for anything else coming.

The next thing I see is the bike crashing to the floor (along with the cyclist) and the bike hitting my car. The front bike wheel went under my wheel and bent and the cyclist hit the ground but did not really come that close to going under either my car or the one that pulled out. I opened the window to see if she was alright but her only concern was that her bike was damaged.

My personal opinion is that the cyclist should not have been overtaking at a junction but I don't know what the highway code stipulates on this. Luckily everyone was ok.

That woulndt be balance though would it. In one instance someone stepped out into the road and in this instance someone was going to fast and almost caused an accident.

It would be in the context of assumption. When the statement was made, it is not possible to say whether someone recklessly pulled out. Therefore the statement suggests the cyclist should have been going at a speed able to react to EXACTLY the same sort of thing as the van incident.

With the logic that the cyclist was going too fast because she was unable to stop for ANYTHING - therefore the van driver must have been going too fast if unable to stop in an emergency

Of course it's nonsense. That's the point - that the statement that "cyclist must have been going too fast" with no evidence was nonsense and just cyclist-bashing

I was driving the car which the cyclist nearly went under. The car in front of me was turning right from a junction on the left in between a row of stationary cars on my side of the road. She edged out slowly to see if any cars were coming from the opposite direction and because the cars on my side were stationary she did not look for anything else coming.

The next thing I see is the bike crashing to the floor (along with the cyclist) and the bike hitting my car. The front bike wheel went under my wheel and bent and the cyclist hit the ground but did not really come that close to going under either my car or the one that pulled out. I opened the window to see if she was alright but her only concern was that her bike was damaged.

My personal opinion is that the cyclist should not have been overtaking at a junction but I don't know what the highway code stipulates on this. Luckily everyone was ok.

Ah, you were in the green car.

Guess it looked different from my angle, me being in the junction. I really thought she was a gonner. I was the bloke in the KA.

Yes see it all the time cyclists wildly weaving through buses and cars far too quickly for the conditions :roll: thankfully she didnt damage any property or a person as she wouldn't have had any insurance ! In fact pretty much a liability !!

But she was traceable and can be pursued for damage costs. You could tell us who she was, since you know so much about her and what insurance policies she may or may not have.

Unable to stop? She was going to fast you mean or did she have a mechanical problem?

Also, where abouts was this?

:)

I was the wet road. She did see the car pulling out but too late and skidded into it.

Poor lass had to drag the bike into town to where she works. I couldn't fit her in the car with her bike. I felt really bad for her.

---------- Post added 23-10-2013 at 10:56 ----------

Btw, she was going on the outside of the traffic as she couldn't get down the inside.

I'm not bothered about rights and wrongs here, just glad she was ok, bar the elbow.

But she was traceable and can be pursued for damage costs. You could tell us who she was, since you know so much about her and what insurance policies she may or may not have.

I very much doubt you would

Manage to recover anything and no just generalising :roll: cyclists all the same !!

How would it be safer for anyone other than the cyclist? How do you propose that they learn if they can't go on the roads? Don't most cyclists hold full driving licenses (I'll help you out here, yes they do).]

OMG are you for real!!!!!!

That is my opinion, how would it not be safer for anyone other than the cyclist?

How do motorcyclists learn to ride their motorcycles, oh yes, under instruction on the roads.

I don't know do most cyclists hold full driving licenses? Can you show me your proof?

Archived