Fright night Sunday 27th

As many regular users will know, i'm a bus driver (cos i moan a lot lol)

On Fright Night, whilst i'm driving my bus, please don't moan at me for the buses being late.

There is a massive diversion on within the city centre, thousands of people will descend on the city, and obviously this will massively effect the bus time tables.

It is not the drivers fault, nor the bus companies, there is nothing we can do about it.

Last year, i got so much verbal abuse it was unbelievable. Please give me a good night

Giving it a miss this year. Felt last year it had lost its sparkle (hard to say precisely what).

I do feel it ends a bit too early (I know kids have bedtimes and that) but it would be nice to have something more adult going on later.

Hope everyone has a good time and hey, I'll even include bus drivers!!

I remember when I worked in a pub, and Fridays and Saturdays were our busy nights. It took one or two staff to be off, and the whole night was a mess. Busy, long queues, no change, no glasses.

All the customers would be angry and irritated, and I always felt like saying "I'm the one who came to work. Don't blame me".

Alas, the joys of dealing with customers.

Archived